• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Paintings that you like or own.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
I thought it would be an interesting idea for people to post here the paintings they admire or that they put up in their house. Please include Artist/Name as well as the picture.

Here is one of mine:

Ivan Aivazovsky. The Billow. 1889

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The gulf between that which we admire and that which we own is going to be huge. I admire:

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Can this please be moved to general discussion?

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Huntsman has already won this thread with Sargent and Giorgio de Chirico. Any further posts would be futile. EDIT: As for myself, despite my love of paintings (particularly Impressionism and Surrealism), I would love to have the work of photographers such as Guy Bourdin and Erwin Olaf in my home. They are two of my favorites.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
The girlfriend really loves Dali and Mark Ryden (as well as numerous other Surrealists and Pop Surrealist painters).

We have a reproduction of the Meditative Rose:

And a Mark Ryden coffee table book we purchased in Montreal full of work such as this:

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casey Roberts is doing some really nice work with cyanotype.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Oh whoa, thanks for sharing Eugenio Recuenco. This is the first I've heard of him and I just browsed through his website a bit. I really love his work for much the same reasons I do Orlaf's.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
Oh whoa, thanks for sharing Eugenio Recuenco. This is the first I've heard of him and I just browsed through his website a bit. I really love his work for much the same reasons I do Orlaf's.

My pleasure. I just wish I could figure out a way to get a print or two in my back water city.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found his (Eugenio Recuenco) work pretty interesting until I happened upon the blackface.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40