• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Painful shoe crease

Orion_95

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for a little bit of advice...

I am breaking in a new pair of shoes (Magnanni) and the left one has developed an uncomfortable crease. They don't rub my feet in the way as to cause a blister, but the crease forces down on one of the small bones in the knuckle on my big toe, and is very painful.

Is there something I should do to try and move the crease? Or will more wear-time soften it enough to stop it?

I have probably 6 full (8-10 hour) days of wear time on them now.

Thanks!

Ty.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had this same issue with my Magnannis, my mistake was wearing them for 10 hours straight out of the box & walking a lot on top of that. But when they started to rub a bit, I put a large patch bandaid over the spot to prevent the blister.

I will let my foot heal for a couple of weeks before I wear them again. You may just need to adjust you sock thickness but I suspect with time it will go away as the Magnanni leather is very soft & supple after you wear them for a bit.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If it persists then go to a shoe repair store. They can stretch an area for you. That might help. But I would try breaking them in a little more first.

Modernist

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with some Massimo Dutti by Magnanni I bought recently. I just wore them for no more than a couple of hours for about four-five times, and every time afterwards I'd use conditioner and cream to polish, in order to soften the leather. It seems to have worked.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.