1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Painful shoe crease

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Orion_95, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Orion_95

Orion_95 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, looking for a little bit of advice...

I am breaking in a new pair of shoes (Magnanni) and the left one has developed an uncomfortable crease. They don't rub my feet in the way as to cause a blister, but the crease forces down on one of the small bones in the knuckle on my big toe, and is very painful.

Is there something I should do to try and move the crease? Or will more wear-time soften it enough to stop it?

I have probably 6 full (8-10 hour) days of wear time on them now.

Thanks!

Ty.

2. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

I've had this same issue with my Magnannis, my mistake was wearing them for 10 hours straight out of the box & walking a lot on top of that. But when they started to rub a bit, I put a large patch bandaid over the spot to prevent the blister.

I will let my foot heal for a couple of weeks before I wear them again. You may just need to adjust you sock thickness but I suspect with time it will go away as the Magnanni leather is very soft & supple after you wear them for a bit.

3. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

If it persists then go to a shoe repair store. They can stretch an area for you. That might help. But I would try breaking them in a little more first.

4. Modernist

Modernist Senior member

I had a similar problem with some Massimo Dutti by Magnanni I bought recently. I just wore them for no more than a couple of hours for about four-five times, and every time afterwards I'd use conditioner and cream to polish, in order to soften the leather. It seems to have worked.