• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pain and bloating...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...after nearly every meal for the last week or so. think i need a trip to the gastro. early in the morning or before i eat, it's completely flat but everything seems to set it off.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No new supplements or foods in your diet at all?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friend had this. He had a tear in his large intestine that got infected. He ignored it for a while until I think his bladder started to get infected and he pissed blood.

Not trying to scare you, but get it checked out.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My godfather had similar symptoms. He got checked out and it turned out to be diverticulius and it was extremely severe. It could have killed him. He had to go through some pretty serious procedures. You never know....Just see a doc asap.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks guys. ^the above is what i'm worried about.

mkerr

Reaction score
any more info?
such as age, diet change, weight change, change in bowel habit / motion / colour, how many times per day, family Hx of coeliacs, etc?

there's a hell of a lot of things to rule in and out based on what you've said. could be totally benign, or something like a food intolerence, gastroenteritis, or even inflammatory / irritable bowel.

head off to your GP / family doc and see what they say.

for what its worth, diverticulitis will typicall present with ye olde lower left abdomen quadrant pain, which is often crampy. often a change in bowel habit will occur too. Other symptoms might include nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, flatulence, and bloating.

anyway, head off and see what they say. all the best.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
doc thinks it's IBS, but i have that left lower quadrant pain you mentioned. i'm 33, no change in bathroom habits.

mkerr

Reaction score
could very well be. the left quadrant pain is in no way pathognomonic for diverticulitis. IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion, did the doc do any tests to rule other things out? such as a serum transglutaminase for coeliacs? if not, although they probably know what they're doing, they should have. the currentl flavour of the month for IBS diagnosis is the rome criteria cut&paste:
At least 12 weeks, which need not be consecutive, of the preceding 12 months there was abdominal discomfort or pain that had two out of three of these features:[2] * Relieved with defecation; and/or * Onset associated with a change in frequency of stool; and/or * Onset associated with a change in form (appearance) of stool. Symptoms that cumulatively support the diagnosis of IBS: * Abnormal stool frequency (for research purposes, "abnormal" may be defined as greater than 3 bowel movements per day and less than 3 bowel movements per week); * Abnormal stool form (lumpy/hard or loose/watery stool); * Abnormal stool passage (straining, urgency, or feeling of incomplete evacuation); * Bloating or feeling of abdominal distention. Supportive symptoms of IBS: * A) Fewer than three bowel movements a week * B) More than three bowel movements a day * C) Hard or lumpy stools * D) Loose (mushy) or watery stools * E) Straining during a bowel movement * F) Urgency (having to rush to have a bowel movement) * G) Feeling of incomplete bowel movement * H) Passing mucus (white material) during a bowel movement * I) Abdominal fullness, bloating, or swelling
all the best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads