Pacquiao/Mosley

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by gladhands, May 6, 2011.

1. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

2. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

3. Nil

Nil Senior member

Is anyone actually surprised at the results of this fight? Mosley is way past his prime and never stood a chance.

4. lopezr

lopezr Member

Pacquiao's going home with the title but Mosley's going home with Bella Gonzales... I guess everybody wins. I guess there's nothing else but to give us that Mayweather fight now?

5. Matt

Matt [email protected]

ass fucking boring.

I was watching it with a Scottish commentator who remarked that it was like watching two old pals laugh their way to the bank. He was right on the money there.

in 36 mins of boxing we had a decent looking fourth round knockdown, and something of a flurry after Pac was put on his ass and it was (incorrectly) ruled a knockdown and a count was applied. That lit a bit of a fire under his ass and led to a mini-flurry in the tenth....and that's all there was to say about the whole exercise.

Wholly unimpressive.

6. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Well Pac-Man had to do something to stay active in boxing, lest he retire now and just end a glorified career. While he didn't say it (or much of anything that made sense), he still wants Mayweather, I think. Besides that, I don't think there is anyone else you can put in front of Pac-man to get the awesome, great fight everyone really wants to see.

And to be honest, while Mayweather is in his very own right a great boxer and counter-puncher, I don't think he delivers the most exciting fights himself with his style.

7. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

ass fucking boring.

I was watching it with a Scottish commentator who remarked that it was like watching two old pals laugh their way to the bank. He was right on the money there.

in 36 mins of boxing we had a decent looking fourth round knockdown, and something of a flurry after Pac was put on his ass and it was (incorrectly) ruled a knockdown and a count was applied. That lit a bit of a fire under his ass and led to a mini-flurry in the tenth....and that's all there was to say about the whole exercise.

Wholly unimpressive.

Pac said he had a crramp in his leg since the 4th round or so and thats why he couldn't finish him off.

8. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Is anyone actually surprised at the results of this fight? Mosley is way past his prime and never stood a chance.

Very true.

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Pac said he had a crramp in his leg since the 4th round or so and thats why he couldn't finish him off.

plus mosley didn't want any part of pac after the 3rd round knock down. moseley's face on the canvas was scary... blank concussed eyes... he shook it off and survived though.

10. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

The fight was so terrible that I found myself changing my allegiances (a la the Russian crowd in Rocky IV). I was initially rooting for Mosley (was a local favorite in Southern California, where I grew up), but found myself really hoping for a Pacquiao KO in the later rounds. Maybe it was just because I was so bored and wanted to go to bed ten minutes earlier.

11. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

plus mosley didn't want any part of pac after the 3rd round knock down. moseley's face on the canvas was scary... blank concussed eyes... he shook it off and survived though.
    manny isn't known for producing KOs in the later rounds, and he isn't so good at finishing. If you see the statistics, he does his best in the first 4 rounds of a fight. Marquez was knocked down three times in the 1st round, and the 3rd round in the rematch. Hatton was KO'd in the 2nd round. Cotto was knocked down in the 2nd and 4th rounds. Mosley was knocked down in the 3rd round. He's not the most cerebral fighter, so he isn't going to figure you out even more and have total control towards the end.

12. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

When is Pacquiao's..."last fight" again?

13. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Is Mayweather next?