• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Packing

RQC2700

Reaction score
Is there a definitive packing thread? I did a search and found a few things but no end all be all guide. I know it varies by situation, but could someone point me in the right direction? Im looking for things like: what your packing things in, what your packing for how long/ what kind of trip/ how your putting it in there.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RQC2700
Is there a definitive packing thread? I did a search and found a few things but no end all be all guide. I know it varies by situation, but could someone point me in the right direction? Im looking for things like: what your packing things in, what your packing for how long/ what kind of trip/ how your putting it in there.
Eagle Creek products make packing more efficient. I recently downsized to an 18" suitcase to make storage in overhead bins easier. The Eagle Creek folder found here: http://www.eaglecreek.com/accessorie...lder-18-40154/ worked amazingly well. I packed a suit and three shirts in the folder, and there was room left for more. I unfolded my suit upon arrival and there were no wrinkles. I also packed in the 18" case my laptop, toiletry bag and a couple of files. I never thought I'd be able to pack so much in such a small case, but I did.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost expected this thread to be about dressing for carrying a fire-arm (it wouldn't be the first one)
crazy.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I almost expected this thread to be about dressing for carrying a fire-arm (it wouldn't be the first one)
crazy.gif

eh.gif

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Eagle Creek products make packing more efficient. I recently downsized to an 18" suitcase to make storage in overhead bins easier. The Eagle Creek folder found here: http://www.eaglecreek.com/accessorie...lder-18-40154/ worked amazingly well. I packed a suit and three shirts in the folder, and there was room left for more. I unfolded my suit upon arrival and there were no wrinkles. I also packed in the 18" case my laptop, toiletry bag and a couple of files. I never thought I'd be able to pack so much in such a small case, but I did.

I have the same Eagle Creek folder, and use it for shirts and pants. I can't imagine sticking a suit jacket in there though. I think they have a different folder for jackets.

The Eagle Creek packing cubes are great.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
I have the same Eagle Creek folder, and use it for shirts and pants. I can't imagine sticking a suit jacket in there though. I think they have a different folder for jackets.

The Eagle Creek packing cubes are great.

It worked very well for my jacket. I didn't think it would, but was pleasantly surprised. I tested it before my trip and was pleased with the outcome, so I gave it a go for my trip. It was a gamble because the meeting was very formal in DC, and it was important to me to look my best. I wore a suit on the plane and carried the other in my luggage. Worked out well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads