• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

p**s stained crotch? Thank Ebay...

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I bought a suit on ebay and when it arrived it had a pissed stained crotch
fistbump.gif

Cant tell you how nice it is to anticipate the suit and then right as I am slipping my leg in to try the pants on I notice the yellow clouds of leftover from some incontinent old man.

I'm a bit grossed out, wondering if I should even keep the suit at all.

I 'informed' the seller of the piss stains and informed them that my tailor can replace the entire lining which would eliminate the issue + a dry cleaning. Either that or my money back.

I've written 3 times, after the first contact they asked me how much to fix it, I repied and no response. I sent 2 more messages and still no reply.

I am getting ready to dispute this. I paid thru paypal with an amex as my funding source.

I need some advice in case I cant resolve this... do I dispute with ebay, paypal or amex? All 3? Some combination? Please advise!

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dispute would be through paypal. open a dispute. At the bottom of the complaint form it asks forthe amount you are requesting back. If you intend to keepthe suit request the repair amount, otherwise request a full refund and include the shipping costs

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yuk. I hope you are not considering keeping these? You couldn't pay me enough to wear these, lining replaced or not. I think if I pissed my own trousers I would throw them away, much less trousers saturated in someone else's urine.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd return the suit.

I mean, if you could see the stains on the crotch, imagine what you couldn't see on the jacket.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Berticus
Why would you even consider keeping them?

A new lining and a dry cleaning would ensure there are no leftovers. I dont see an issue beyond that, but its akin to doggy-styling a girl and getting a whiff of ass... hard to get past.

The reason I am debating this is because I absolutely LOVE the suit. I dont want to give it up.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At least you didn't shake the guy's hand. That is how you get AIDS.

triathlete

Reaction score
idfnl;1599740 said:
A new lining and a dry cleaning would ensure there are no leftovers. I dont see an issue beyond that, but its akin to doggy-styling a girl and getting a whiff of ass... hard to get past.

That's pure poetry, right there.

indy116

Reaction score
I don't think I could deal with owning pants knowing that someone else pissed themselves in them. I'd demand nothing short of a full refund, including your cost to return them to the seller.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl

The reason I am debating this is because I absolutely LOVE the suit. I dont want to give it up.

Dude, with your avatar, you need to be more conservative in your use of the term whiff of ass; you've put me off my beer..

x26

Reaction score
Another reason I don't buy from Ebay...
plain.gif

R-H

Reaction score
Bad things will continue to happen to the OP until he changes that avatar.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you should return them... it's unacceptable to sell urine-stained clothing. Even if you only see the urine on the lining, there's a good chance that at one point it seeped through to the fabric.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Dude, with your avatar, you need to be more conservative in your use of the term whiff of ass; you've put me off my beer..

I hear you brother... it might take some fireman and the jaws of life to peel those shorts off that dude.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads