• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

p**s stained crotch? Thank Ebay...

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I bought a suit on ebay and when it arrived it had a pissed stained crotch

Cant tell you how nice it is to anticipate the suit and then right as I am slipping my leg in to try the pants on I notice the yellow clouds of leftover from some incontinent old man.

I'm a bit grossed out, wondering if I should even keep the suit at all.

I 'informed' the seller of the piss stains and informed them that my tailor can replace the entire lining which would eliminate the issue + a dry cleaning. Either that or my money back.

I've written 3 times, after the first contact they asked me how much to fix it, I repied and no response. I sent 2 more messages and still no reply.

I am getting ready to dispute this. I paid thru paypal with an amex as my funding source.

I need some advice in case I cant resolve this... do I dispute with ebay, paypal or amex? All 3? Some combination? Please advise!

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dispute would be through paypal. open a dispute. At the bottom of the complaint form it asks forthe amount you are requesting back. If you intend to keepthe suit request the repair amount, otherwise request a full refund and include the shipping costs

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yuk. I hope you are not considering keeping these? You couldn't pay me enough to wear these, lining replaced or not. I think if I pissed my own trousers I would throw them away, much less trousers saturated in someone else's urine.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd return the suit.

I mean, if you could see the stains on the crotch, imagine what you couldn't see on the jacket.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Berticus
Why would you even consider keeping them?

A new lining and a dry cleaning would ensure there are no leftovers. I dont see an issue beyond that, but its akin to doggy-styling a girl and getting a whiff of ass... hard to get past.

The reason I am debating this is because I absolutely LOVE the suit. I dont want to give it up.

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
At least you didn't shake the guy's hand. That is how you get AIDS.

triathlete

Reaction score
idfnl;1599740 said:
A new lining and a dry cleaning would ensure there are no leftovers. I dont see an issue beyond that, but its akin to doggy-styling a girl and getting a whiff of ass... hard to get past.

That's pure poetry, right there.

indy116

Reaction score
I don't think I could deal with owning pants knowing that someone else pissed themselves in them. I'd demand nothing short of a full refund, including your cost to return them to the seller.

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl

The reason I am debating this is because I absolutely LOVE the suit. I dont want to give it up.

Dude, with your avatar, you need to be more conservative in your use of the term whiff of ass; you've put me off my beer..

x26

Reaction score
Another reason I don't buy from Ebay...

R-H

Reaction score
Bad things will continue to happen to the OP until he changes that avatar.

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, you should return them... it's unacceptable to sell urine-stained clothing. Even if you only see the urine on the lining, there's a good chance that at one point it seeped through to the fabric.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Dude, with your avatar, you need to be more conservative in your use of the term whiff of ass; you've put me off my beer..

I hear you brother... it might take some fireman and the jaws of life to peel those shorts off that dude.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 142 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40