Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

P.lal in kl

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jerseyguy, Aug 14, 2004.

1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, I have a 48 hour layover in Kuala Lumpur on the 1st and 2nd of September on my way back to Newark from India. I was looking online at some of the things I can do, and it occurred to me that I could visit the p.lal store in KL. I know many people have ordered shoes from there but are the prices the best you can get on C&J (sans-the occasional ebay find)? How do they compare to english-shoes prices? I was hoping to bargain a little to score my first pair of handgrades. I also figure I can get my size right that way as well. If anyone else is interested in having me pick up shoes for them, I can oblige (perhaps we could bargain collectively). [​IMG]

2. Alias

Alias Senior member

I don't believe english-shoes carries the C&J Handgrades. You can do a lot worse than Plal.

3. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Plal is the cheapest I'm aware of. Someone suggested once to me that the low price could be due to Plal offering factory seconds, but I don't believe that to be the case--unlike on eBay, where you could be buying rejects purchased at a discount by someone with easy access to the C&J Northampton factory. In any case, I am waiting on an order from Plal now--very exciting.

Keep in mind that Plal doesn't stock the full line of C&Jhandgrades, so there's no guarantee he'll have what you're looking for exactly.

M#4

4. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I have contacted English Shoes. He can get the handgrades for 230 pounds, but I don't know whether shipping in included in that price.