1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

P Johnson MTM

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Prince of Paisley, Mar 7, 2011.

1. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Thanks for sharing. You're right of course in that it's all in the eye of the beholder. Especially the top one, and it could be the camera angle, but I quite like the roping, lapel and open quarters (not sure that that is Chan, although it doesn't really matter). Gets you in the direction of Liverano, if you will.

FWIW, I also think your latest PJ pinstripe commission came out quite well (and better than previously).

2. deingesicht

deingesicht Senior member

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Germanicos (www.tailor.com.au)? They appear to offer a very similar service in that they have the suit cut in Europe, and then any additional adjustments are completed in Australia. How does this compare with P Johnson?

3. "6"

"6" Senior member

Any updates on this? Looking forward it seeing it. I have just commissioned a blazer from Tom here in Melbourne. 1 day down, 6 weeks and 6 days waiting time to go. :brick:

4. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

Ah, sorry, Tom delivered it about three weeks ago now. It’s going to be hard to ever go back to RTW.

I just got notice that the second pair of pants are ready, which I will probably pick up next week and at the same time commission a second three piece suit – this time a mid-ish grey (go tax return!).

5. lennier

lennier Senior member

Well they have an endorsement on their page from Geoffrey Edelsten...:plain:

6. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Do a forum search, I visited them a few years ago and commented in this thread.

7. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

Popped in today to see Tom, pick up my second pair of pants for the navy suit and order my second commission (another three piece in a mid-light grey fresco from Dougdale and Bros).

Bad news is that it sounds like prices are about to go up in response to wool prices - didn't ask how much.

8. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

- lucky summer is around the corner.. Ariston cotton Solaro is where it's at

9. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

10. lennier

lennier Senior member

Just picked up my 'navy' Loro Piana from Tom this afternoon and it's come out beautifully. Small changes we made from the first suit have been incorporated flawlessly and everything else has stayed exactly the same. Very pleased :)

11. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

Wasn't intending on posting, with PG awesomeness intimidating the f@ck out of me, but Sunday afternoon procrastination got the better.

Here is my P Johnson navy three piece. It's in shade lighter then French navy. I have worn it a few times now, both with and without the waistcoat, and have gotten far more complements then anything else I have ever put on before - so something must be right with it. After my first fitting we had to move the sleeves down, but looking at this pic, it could do with a cm or so more. Overall I am really happy with it. Happy to hear of any critique that I can include in any future orders.

As mentioned earlier, I have a solid mid grey on order with the same dimensions (I think we added 0.5cm to the chest) - three piece again for versatility. After that, I think a POW check is in order...

[​IMG]

12. hammer07

hammer07 Senior member

Looks good, congrats and thanks for posting. Agree the sleeves could be a little longer.

13. lennier

lennier Senior member

Looks good Check, and yes I also concur on the sleeves, although it's within the personal preference realm I think. I'm inspired to try to get around to posting shots of mine if I can get anything decent out of a camera.
    And is that the official SF Oz members burgundy knit tie?? :)

14. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Senior member

Steezy, Check!

Very steezy; very nice.

Concur with the others on the sleeves, but what the heck... it's a personal thing.

Wear it in good health!

15. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

... maybe...:uhoh:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  16. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

Looks good. Still keen to try P Johnson for my next suit.

17. quar

quar Senior member

Definitely lengthen the sleeves as far as they'll go. Too much shirt cuff on display.

The lower angle from which the shot is taken makes it a little hard to judge. My honest opinion is that the buttoning point looks high. But it may be the angle playing tricks.

Good on you for posting pictures.

18. "6"

"6" Senior member

Very very noice. :foo::foo:

19. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

Thanks for the nice words... also here is a crappy blackberry photo (with added mirror grit) of the suit as I wore it today sans waistcoat:

[​IMG]

Somebody commented on the button stance. This was a bit of detail where I spent a bit of time going over with Tom. In the end we decided on the point based on my natural waist and overall balance of the jacket. I think that it looks higher when worn with the waistcoat.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  20. fxh

fxh Senior member

Nice suit checky. And it looks good on you.

[ I was going to say "You'll grow into it" but I thought better of it]

To my eye the burgundy tie goes better with the 2 piece and the darker tie goes better with the buttoned up look of the 3 piece. With a 3piece it's nice to keep the flow of the similar colour all the way through rather than contrast with the tie.Similar with shoes, dark or black keeps that encased body look as I see it and emphasizes the 3 piece top to toe flow.