P Johnson MTM

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Prince of Paisley, Mar 7, 2011.

1. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Nice POW pattern, lovely fabric, but jacket looks too short for me, and I prefer DB jackets without pocket flaps. Doesn't work for me overall, but that's just me. You obviously got what you wanted, and that's all that matters.

PG should take off the beads on his wrist. It looks ridiculous.

2. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

he's waiting for a few more people on the internet to start wearing beads so he can berate them and move on to another gimmick...

3. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

4. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Well the Wraith has spoken again - with usual authoritative finality.

May as well all pack up and go home the lot of us.

5. Prince of Paisley

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a great effort - I especially like your fabric selection and your accessorising, especially considering your beaut wedding backdrop.

I'll be honest though, (and please don't take this any other way than contructive) I don't think DB is the style most suited to your body shape. I think you look good in this suit, no doubt. But I can't help thinking that a 2bt SB would have looked better on you.

As far as I recall this is your first MTM, and there are always a few quirks to iron out when starting with a new tailor (Phat also admitted as much about his first PJ suit I believe). You should be encouraged that if you are happy with how this one turned out, the next suit(s) should be even better.

6. stateless

stateless Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, a DB suit is less forgiving of more body shapes than a SB; and mine is one of those.

The changes to jacket length, button stance, etc were intended to help with this.

Again with the agreement. By no means a perfect execution, and my next order (SC and trousers) will be better, as will the one after that.

One of the things I really enjoy about the process is the relationship you create with the tailor and the whole "journey" aspect.

7. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Again with the agreement. By no means a perfect execution, and my next order (SC and trousers) will be better, as will the one after that. One of the things I really enjoy about the process is the relationship you create with the tailor and the whole "journey" aspect.
    Agree with the above. No doubt your future items will improve. That should be the case with all tailors. However, keep in mind the relationship you're building is with the person measuring you/selling you the item/s. The actual tailors are the people making your suits/jackets/trousers etc., and they're in Holland. That's the difference between MTM (in this case offshore MTM) and bespoke. With the latter, you're building a relationship with the cutter and often the person actually putting your suit together. That's why I personally prefer bespoke, but naturally the cost of such can be a downside for many. I, too, have gone MTM on occasions, and have done so again recently (with a tailor in the UK and the USA). But in doing so, I'm quite aware I'm building a relationship with the shopfront people, not the actual tailors cutting and/or making my suits.

8. meister

meister Senior member

Thanks mate.

I did. The photo is also shot from a low angle, making the jacket appear shorter than it really is. The top photo shoes the balance a bit more accurately.

Shorter jacket, slightly shorter sleeves, high buttons, higher than normal pant break. I think it tightens DB suits that can often look a bit sack-y and loose.

Tom duly informed me that I was moving beyond what was "traditional" in a DB suit, but understood what I was reaching for.

I would have had that jacket less tight. You can see one of the buttons is pulling...or is that too much wedding cake ? Congrats and have a good marriage! I have just come up to 25 years.

[/SPOILER]

This is a great effort - I especially like your fabric selection and your accessorising, especially considering your beaut wedding backdrop.

I'll be honest though, (and please don't take this any other way than contructive) I don't think DB is the style most suited to your body shape. I think you look good in this suit, no doubt. But I can't help thinking that a 2bt SB would have looked better on you.

As far as I recall this is your first MTM, and there are always a few quirks to iron out when starting with a new tailor (Phat also admitted as much about his first PJ suit I believe). You should be encouraged that if you are happy with how this one turned out, the next suit(s) should be even better.

This.

9. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I have just come up to 25 years.
    Congrats on reaching 25. 4 for me, anniversary actually today [​IMG]

10. stateless

stateless Well-Known Member

That's the biggest problem I see with the suit - too much with the wait suppression.

Thanks! And congrats on your 25 years. Any tips?

11. Prince of Paisley

Congrats on reaching 25. 4 for me, anniversary actually today [​IMG]
    Congratulations, sincerely.

Get her something nice.

12. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Thanks. I have, and her birthday is in a couple weeks as well, and then mine a week after that. Added to that Mother's Day is this Sunday and May is always an expensive month in this family.

13. apropos

apropos Senior member

stateless, congrats on the wedding.
    PG should take off the beads on his wrist. It looks ridiculous.
    It's a Buddhist bead bracelet, moran. You might as well tell a Christian to take a crucifix off a necklace, or a Muslim to take a hijab off, or a Jew to take a skullcap off because it 'looks ridiculous'. Yet another TheWraith fail. [​IMG]

14. cchen

cchen Senior member

It's a Buddhist bead bracelet, moran.

You might as well tell a Christian to take a crucifix off a necklace, or a Muslim to take a hijab off, or a Jew to take a skullcap off because it 'looks ridiculous'. [​IMG]

if you're gonna call someone a moron better spell it correctly [​IMG][​IMG]

15. apropos

apropos Senior member