• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ozwald boateng

jon5986

Reaction score
Does anyone here own an Ozwald Boateng suit? If so, what are your thoughts? Also, how much do they run?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't own but spent some time in their store on the Row recently.

My impressions: construction seems good. Price is high. Styling is way out there. The new line just out cleaves closely to his tradition of skinny (very) lapels. The shoulders were too padded/structured for my tastes and the fabrics, at least the colors, were pretty hideous. Even the greys were odd in a way.

Anybody that was at least a teen in the early 80's would see Boateng's current line and think they'd gone back in time (right down to some ties 3/4" wide).

So the impression the suits left me with was "gimmicky".

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i own one from their mainline? not the couture line that i got off ebay for like $500 or so i think they are regularly priced at around 800-1000 It seemed pretty good but the fabric wrinkles really easily. Pretty good construction from what i can remember. My friend borrowed that jacket to use as a blazer on a Vegas trip so i cant really comment aside from what i can remember. The lining was pretty loud and it had the same lining under in the pant pockets and under the jacket pocket flaps, Also around the inside waist of the pants. It was a fun suit to wear when going out but i dunno if i will be getting another, just dosent seem worth it to me. Maybe their higher end lines are better?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I've had a couple

one from the top tier "Bespoke Couture" RTW line. I was surprised it wasnt full canvassed considering they retail for $2000+. Maybe they are now, but weren't about 8 or 9 years ago.

The other is from the mid range 'saville row' RTW line.

Both had interesting fabrics that I like a lot, and the cut was overall really good. A bit better suited for taller guys (over 6') as the jackets seem to run long and too much shortening will throw off the proportions.

I would avoid anything from the diffusion OZ line.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw has anyone watched his Why Fashion Matters video? its on youtube. In the Section where he interviews the various Saville row tailors; Huntsman, A&S, Sedwell etc it seems like he is too busy trying to convince them why his cut is the best and not really taking in the information they are giving him on their house cut.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Boateng is a PR man...He is young ,bold and is very marketing orientated...
He likes to send freebies to Hollywood stars to associate his brand to them.
I personally do not like his shop...It is an empty conceptual shell .
It is impossible to have a good look at the clothes and it is impossible to distinguish the colour of the suit you're trying on..
In the battle between classicists and modernists , I'm definitively more attracted by the classicists view of what the Row must mean today...

Rob_Sutherland

Reaction score
I have a Bespoke Couture RTW in a grey flannel chalk stripe. It's probably 5-6 years old now. Great fabric, good construction (though at the level of a Paul Smith etc, really what they compete against...) forward cut at the time is now fairly conservative. Still, it does get noticed quite often for some reason.

Great GREAT pants. I've actually gone into other tailors and had bespoke pants made to mimic their cut. Slim while not looking slim and very flattering (on me at least!).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads