Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ozwald Boateng RTW quality?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 1Dgaf, Oct 25, 2004.

1. 1Dgaf

1Dgaf Senior member

I'm coveting a 3/4 Ozwald Boateng coat. It's from his difusion (sic) line; supposedly the cheapy range.

Does anyone know what the quality of his clothes are like? I won't buy the coat unless it's on sale, but even then it's likely to be expensive. It's £499/US$917 at the moment and I suspect it's meant for more style than function.

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

within the OZ diffusion line, i only own a pinstriped dress shirt which is very nice. I do own a Boateng 3 button slimfit suit which i love. very nice fabric and construction, esp his use of interesting linings is cool. I always find his gear to be similar to classic Paul Smith in cut, and playful sensibilities in the details like the lining, stitching etc.

i would agree that he is going for "style" over anything else but that's prolly why he is one of my favorite current designers.

3. 1Dgaf

1Dgaf Senior member

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to wait for the January sales and hope it's still . It's not worth the current price.