• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ozwald Boateng bespoke

mrchapel

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here has purchased a bespoke Ozwald Boateng suit/shirt or both. Actually, if anyone owns any of his RTW line. If so, how is the quality? What is the price?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I have 2 RTW suits. One is from his upper tier "Bespoke Couture" line (but it's not bespoke), and one from his middle tier "Savile Row" line, along with a couple shirts. The fits and styling of both are great, classic Ozwald (fitted jackets, slim trousers, double vented, high buttoning, hacking pockets) and the fabrics are unique and very cool. But they are both fused (really surprised the BC line is fused) although I think some of the BC suits are floating canvass, just not mine. The shirts are ok, nothing phenomenal that would make me get any more. The retail price on BC suits are anywhere from $1700-2000+. I bought mine for FAR less than retail so the fact they are fused doesnt bother me, because unlike many on this forum, I don't see that as the end of the world. BUT at full retail, the world is sure coming to an end quickly.

My BC suit is a dark eggplant purple high 3 buttoning that would look really cool with Whoopee's new purple Melkersson shoes!!

Claudio

Reaction score
Excuse me but what does FUSE mean?

Really like OB but never had the pleasure to purchase nor wear any of his garments.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Claudio
Excuse me but what does FUSE mean?

Basic question but the process by which suits are gloued together not stitched by hand as should be the case.

It is cheap and worse than nasty.

Claudio

Reaction score
Thanks GBR - I guess you mean the 'fusing' of the front chest pads/re-enforcements (can't think of what they are called in english) - I see, thanks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%
  • 31 - 40