• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Oxxford's New Video

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great video, but I got the feeling as if they were talking about bespoke, the way they mentioned custom made and individual paper pattern. Isnt Oxxford mainly RTW ?

The fabric of the glen plaid just before the end looked really nice.

S. Able

Reaction score
Love the video. So who is running Oxxford these days? Based on the age of their workforce (no surprise really) it looks like they could really use a tailoring school.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Great video, but I got the feeling as if they were talking about bespoke, the way they mentioned custom made and individual paper pattern. Isnt Oxxford mainly RTW ?

The fabric of the glen plaid just before the end looked really nice.

3000 posts...really?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great video. Makes me want an Oxxford suit....

Mike

jsherman02

Reaction score
I like the video...made me want to go home and hug my Oxxford jackets...

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Makes me proud to be a Chicagoan.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see being "the last one" left as a good selling point. The best products were made in times of tense competition. Being the last one just mean you're about to die off. Frankly, from the Oxxfords I've seen I don't think the patterns and shape will work for me.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
I don't see being "the last one" left as a good selling point. The best products were made in times of tense competition. Being the last one just mean you're about to die off. Frankly, from the Oxxfords I've seen I don't think the patterns and shape will work for me.

So you think they should ignore the fact that they are the last company in America that makes clothes this way? I feel like you are missing the point of their argument.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat

I challenge you to find a European suitmaker that does an equal job to Oxxford; that is non-bespoke.

It's a fair point if you do not like the patterns & shape.

Neb

Reaction score
Great video. Only thing is that it would have been nice to show a REAL person wearing the suit at the end. Gotta leave people imagining how it would look on themselves.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is huge improvement over their previous Mad Maxxford ad campaign.

literasyme

Reaction score
It's not a bad video, but the whole "bespoke" angle just seems misguided. I also wonder if they couldn't have found SOMEONE post-1950s who's been known to wear their suits -- Clark Gable and Joe DiMaggio aren't exactly huge names to conjure with these days.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what percentage of Oxxford's suits are MTM vs. OTR. Do their MTM suits start at $5k? NM has an Oxxford MTM program, but I would not trust a salesperson to measure me for a suit at that price point.

Twotone

jacnyr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by literasyme
It's not a bad video, but the whole "bespoke" angle just seems misguided. I also wonder if they couldn't have found SOMEONE post-1950s who's been known to wear their suits -- Clark Gable and Joe DiMaggio aren't exactly huge names to conjure with these days.

Would you feel more impressed if they said Mike Tyson or Justin Timberlake wears their suits?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.