Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

oxxford ties?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by weeks, May 19, 2005.

1. weeks

weeks Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with oxxford ties (particularly oxxford crest ties)? How is the construction? Thick or thin? I saw this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....ck=true on ebay and was wondering if it is a good deal. Thanks,

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

$9.99 -- good deal. That tie is pretty nice -- I've seen it in person. Not the best color green in the world though -- sort of a military camaflouge green. Thicker knot. Pretty nice construction. If you can get them for around $30 you've done well, but they aren't special by any means (compared to, say, a Carlo Franco woven).

3. Mark Seitelman

Mark Seitelman Senior member

It's a handmade tie (in the USA). I would catergorize it as a thick construction. Excellent construction.

The ties sell for $145 at full retail.

4. Fashionslave

Fashionslave Senior member

Yea,great tie,though not extraordinary.Incidentally,what's happened to their shirt line which used to be made by Kiton or something-tons of handwork.Now,the Oxxford Crest line shirt looks like a somewhat ordinary split yoke shirt,no more hand set collar,etc.

5. redtree00

redtree00 Senior member

NM Last Call had quite a few of them at 75% off the discounted price, worked out to ~$11. I bought a few, they are not bad, designs are a little stodgy but the construction is nice, not 4/7 fold but self tipped and nice weight to it.