Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Oxxford Tattersall Sportshirt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by STYLESTUDENT, Dec 6, 2004.

1. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

I have this same Oxxford in a medium-it's huge in the shoulders, long in the sleeves, and large in the body. It does fit at the neck (15.75") but I never button it. Â I'm thinking of another shirt like this and found another one in a size small, which will fit in the body but only has a 14.5" neck. Will the shirt collar ride too low or otherwise look awkward because it is too small? Or does it matter in a sportshirt? Generally, what's the appearance of collars that are mis-sized low, if you have had the experience.Thanks. http://<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/......me=WD1V</a>

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

where does it give the measurements?

3. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

The seller, Ben at Honest Goods, told me the neck size but he didn't tell me any other measurements, although I had asked. That's one source of the dilemma. He does have a good reputation on this forum.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Shirts with a .5-1 inch smaller neck in my experience (I'm a 15.5/15.75 also) look pretty much fine. They look much better than shirts sized too large.

5. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

If it is only an inch too small and you're never going to button it, buy the shirt. You'll be fine.

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I agree with the buying smaller neck sizes - I am 14.75. I have a few 14.5 for open neck shirts (but RTW mostly have 15s, unfortunately)