• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxxford Suiting Lines

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Machine-made fully canvassed. Still excellent quality but not quite at their main line. Probably comparable to Zegna or Isaia in terms of quality. If you need a solid navy suit, this is a good deal. Retail is around $2500 IIRC (as opposed to $4000 for mainline).

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own this suit, and as stated above, it actually is not a machine made suit, it has handsewing all over it. The pants are not up to the mythical Oxxford standards, but quite high. The jacket is very close to the original Oxxford line, the fit and the shoulders are superior to the current lines in the highest line. By this I mean, very little padding. The cut is more modern as well.
At this price, its a steal, also the fabric is quite nice.

antexit

Reaction score
Thanks! Are you referring to the first suit, Antirabbit, or the second one that I posted?

This one's tag reads:

LOT #380126
ORDER #096005-7084183
SPL
Range 11 Suits

It doesn't seem to be their usual RTW, but I wouldn't know.

steveoly

Reaction score

Thanks! Are you referring to the first suit, Antirabbit, or the second one that I posted?

This one's tag reads:

LOT #380126
ORDER #096005-7084183
SPL
Range 11 Suits

It doesn't seem to be their usual RTW, but I wouldn't know.

By the sounds of it, yes I think he's talking about the 1220. The 1220 line is a trimmer, more modern cut with some hand work in addition to machine work. I have never tried 1220 in person, so this is based on what I have read.

The second suit, the Oxxford Highest Quality is revered for it's construction. I know there are a number of threads that discuss this with greater knowledge than mine. I believe it's mostly (not sure if 100%) hand made. Most will argue that Oxxford's Highest line rivals the construction of the "best" Italian makers. However the knock is that some of the models/cuts are a bit stodgy. A little tailoring goes a long way however. I have a 2 button Oxxford Mason navy SC and it's def. one of my favorite and best fitting jackets.

antexit

Reaction score
Thanks! I bought it on your advice and am very much looking forward to it.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a 2 button Oxxford Mason navy SC and it's def. one of my favorite and best fitting jackets.

+1. I have one in charcoal and it bests many of my bespoke.

Last edited:

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both the highest line and the 1220 in my closet.
The 1220 is not far off of the construction quality. Really the biggest difference is in the pants, not the jacket.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The 1220 is not far off of the construction quality. Really the biggest difference is in the pants, not the jacket.

I know the fit of the 1220 and Mason are different. But I really wonder how much of a difference. The only Oxxfords at my price range are the ones on ebay, so it's hard to try them on. If you have any info on the fits, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a mason N2 Jacket, they are similar, the 1200 line is even less padded in the shoulders and more shape in the sides (that can be easily tailored in though)/

TonyThe Tailor

Reaction score

1220 has as much, if not more, hand tailoring than Kiton and Brioni. The1220 fabric ranges are basically the opening range of HQ and the only model offered is the Type A or B, which are also my 2 best selling models in the HQ line.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

antexit

Reaction score
Yeah, it was indicated that this suit was made to measure. They say that a lot for RTW suits sold unfinished, so you take it with a grain of salt in my experience, but if it's assumed that it was actually MTM, my question would have been about the quality of the specific job, or their MTM generally, and what level of quality "Range 11" would indicate.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads