• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxxford suit on Ebay...what do you think?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Looks nice to me...wish I were a 50R.
smile.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had a successful transaction with this seller a month or two back.

Bags

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
That's a lot for a used suit when Filene's Basement has them new for $800.
Agree with that statement, but there are two key exceptions in this case. First, this ebay suit appears to be NWT also, and second, Filene's will almost never have something as basic as a solid navy blue. Most of Filene's Oxxfords (at least here in DC) are in fabrics that are a little more "out there."
So I think a price in the $600-800 range would be a very good deal.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As Bags noted, its a nwt suit. And it is difficult to get a solid navy suit for $800 at filene's - you have to buy them at $1000 before the sales start.

Most of what is in Filene's are the patterned suits.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As was said, the suit is NWT in a classic navy color, which is very difficult to find at deep discount so even at $800, this suit is a great deal.

I realize you don't care much for eBay but must you always go out of your way to disparage eBay shopping?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the Olympian ideal of an American business suit. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the Oxxford cut, that's a classic that will last forever, plus you'll get tons of use out of it. All that said, it's probably going to go way over $600. Still, anything below $1000 is a good deal.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
All that said, it's probably going to go way over $600. Still, anything below $1000 is a good deal.

not necessarily - i got mine is solid navy, nwt, for $599 and shipping. and i'm a 42L, which is probably a more common size than a 50R. nobody else bidded. Oxxford can be a great deal on ebay, since most people on ebay are looking for something much cheaper, typically in $100 to $200 range.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so you would totally trust this seller? I see some of his oxxford suits that are in my size and are good price , I may bid on one. The only thing I am worried aobut is that the photo might be generic photo, and the actual suit would be NWOT and altered.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
so you would totally trust this seller? I see some of his oxxford suits that are in my size and are good price , I may bid on one. The only thing I am worried aobut is that the photo might be generic photo, and the actual suit would be NWOT and altered.

the guy is using generic photo's, and i'm pretty sure he did so with mine, but my suit showed up nwt and unaltered. the sleeve buttons were in the bag and not on the sleeve, as an unaltered oxxford will usually have.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
not necessarily - i got mine is solid navy, nwt, for $599 and shipping. and i'm a 42L, which is probably a more common size than a 50R. nobody else bidded. Oxxford can be a great deal on ebay, since most people on ebay are looking for something much cheaper, typically in $100 to $200 range.

Sometimes a (relatively) high opening price is a blessing.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's an Oxxford suit for $300. Any red flags about neiman Marcus Oxxfords? Any experience with this seller?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads