1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Oxxford silk jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Nov 29, 2004.

1. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Today I ran across an Oxxford jacket in what I assume is light blue silk. I can't think of anything else that would feel like that. It had a couple of issues that would need further examination and possible fixing, such as a very small spot that looked like it would come out. It was probably a size ... 46 I would say, judging by the shoulders, but I didn't measure it. Unfortunately the store it was in was very dim and I didn't really get a good look at it. I guessed it was probably from the 80s. Would it be worth my time to pick this up? Will anyone buy/wear a blue silk sportcoat? I could start bidding at about $30 or so if I got it and put it on ebay.

Thanks.

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

I sort of doubt it's worth the trouble unless you could make $50 or more off of it. I bet you could get $60 - $65 for something like that on Ebay with good pictures.

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I guess I figured someone here might want it. I doubt it will bring that much, but if I'm up that way it's no trouble to run by and pick it up. I doubt anyone else will grab it in that store.