• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxxford Radcliff on ebay

ranchsooner

Reaction score
I know there has been much discussion on the new Radcliff model. Here is the 1st one I have ever seen on ebay (at least in my size). I kind of like it for a summer suit with the yellow in it, but it is kind of hard to truly gage the color of the suit. If anyone has an opinion, let me know. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oxxford-2pc-Mens...QQcmdZViewItem

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Hint hint: same seller also has a 40R
devil.gif

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Can someone who has seen the new model in person comment on how well these pics represent the overall style? I'm a bit surprised by the pictures.

As am I. I thought there would be a lot more waist surpression than what appears. Since I have not seen one in person, I have nothing to compare it to.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Going off of this one because it's closer to my size and easier to see the details.

Shoulders--underrepresented. The Radcliff shoulders are more built up than Kiton/Attolini, but not by much. I really like the shoulders.

Lapels--about right. They're very small, surprisingly and almost trendily so. Buttoned to the 2nd button, they will be less noticeable. I happen to like them.

Chest--lies nicely but doesn't fit me well. If you have exceptionally square shoulders you're going to need some tailoring in the back.

Waist--it's still an Oxxford. Better than Jones New York, not as good as Attolini. Also better than the Manhattan model. You'll want to take in an inch or two, depending on your physique. For me the waist was inoffensive enough not to take away from the overall look.

Pants--can't comment, didn't try them.

Tailoring--unquestionably. They didn't skimp because of the younger target audience.

Overall--8/10, considering styling, quality, and value.

Hope that helps
Tom

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually wear Borrelli/Kiton etc. and tried a Rad On at Saks. and the cut was extremely sweet, much better than I anticipated. It's not their normal game, but for that price it may pay to play. You get it to a good CUSTOM/BESPOKE tailor and have him take 10 minutes sizing you and the suit up and I think you've got a winner potentially. The jacket body does look rather omnious.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blush.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, Tom. That's very helpful. I can't say I'm sold on the Radcliff. More than anything, it reminds me of the endless pages of generic three-button, small lapel suits on Overstock. Seems like Oxxford is arriving late to the party, and that's not a good thing when trying to attract a younger crowd.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I'd like to see that 40R with the center button only buttoned. He lists the tagged model as:

Style: Radcliff N3 Roll Ctr

Does that mean a 3to2 roll (or 2 1/2 button)? The lapels would be extended some if that's the case, which would give it a better look--more relaxed, less 'buttoned-up' (literally!). Actually, if you look at the pic with the trousers on the left and the angled view of the jacket you can see how nicely it rolls to the center button. The lapels are extended well.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you're right, Alan, and Tom's post backs you up. A roll to the second would make the suit look much better, and would cut down on the Overstock effect. I'll withhold full judgment until I see more pics, but right now I'm just not feeling the skinny lapel and built-up shoulder combo.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Doc, rest assured, this is no Mantoni. It's still out my price range but I'd go for a Radcliffe if 1. I were in the $3000+ suit market and 2. I didn't live in close proximity to Italy
blush.gif
. It's a good relaxed alternative to Borrelli and the like.

Tom

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Radcliff does have a nice line,cut unlike the rest of the Ox's I've seen. Only style of their brand I would ever consider.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads