• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxxford on ebay

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that when it first came up and was pissed that the guy who ordered it wasn't just a little bit bigger in the chest and shoulders.

IMO, this is the best suit I've seen on Ebay in the past six months, and the price is outrageously good. This beats any of the Kitons I've seen on Ebay because this is in such a classic (and hard to find) fabric. If the measurements fit, someone should grab this. Even if the sleeves need shortening, it's probably worth spending the money to have a good tailor take it up at the shoulder.

aybojs

Reaction score
I was going to wait and hope it got passed up and listed at a lower price since the pants would possibly require a recut. I guess I can forget about any good suit buys in my size going unnoticed on the forum anymore. It's just uncanny how fast the forum is on the pulse of these deals.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if the suit didn't sell first time around, but I'd be shocked if Kellyb33 lowered the price any. It's just too nice of a suit. How many inches would the pants need to come in for you?

aybojs

Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if the suit didn't sell first time around, but I'd be shocked if Kellyb33 lowered the price any. It's just too nice of a suit. How many inches would the pants need to come in for you?
I'm a 32, albeit a slightly larger 32, but it would be cutting it pretty close (no pun intended). Kellyb usually takes a few turns to lower her prices, but Oxxford is prone to slipping under the radar so it never hurts. $500 is damn good, but as a part-time minimum wager who just splurged on a Brioni suit (albeit heavily discounted), you can probably get my cheapness.

edit: by the way, you know if it's a feasible alteration to have lining installed in suit pants? The other potential deal breaker is the unlined pants, which I tend to find uncomfortable (even with high quality wool).

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Arg, I need this in 37S. The world conspires against the little guy. I think we've already covered this subject in another thread though.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 inches won't require a recut on the pants, though you might want to take the backseam in a little bit. I usually take off 2 inches on my pants and the alteration never costs more than $25.

Wait it out -- it may very well not sell the first couple of times (it's the cut buttonholes that will cause it to not sell -- NWTs Oxxfords, especially double vented ones, are a prized commodity still on Ebay). I can appreciate your cheapness.

I think you can add lining without a problem, though I don't know the cost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads