• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxxford hangers for sale on ebay

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hit the motherlode last year when a Juilliard faculty member, who learned about my clothing fetish, gave me all of his Anderson and Sheppard hangers (four of which are from the 50's, I think.) I don't have a Savile Row suit, but the hangers are sure nice.

koji

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My grandfather owned a mens clothing shop in a small town in Ohio and unfortunately sold up while I was still very young. What I wouldn't give to have been there when he was closing down. I could have had a lifetime supply of hangers, at the very least.

auto90403

Reaction score
my dad wore oxxford suits. i have countless oxxford hangers -- nice but not the best hangers i own.

it never occurred to me that people would be selling them on ebay.

Richie_Rich

Reaction score
it never occurred to me that people would be selling them on ebay.
Mee too.... But jeezz... those prices
wow.gif

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Give these a try (really.): http://www.walgreens.com/store....Count=0 If there's a Walgreens close you can go take a look. Someone here on the forum first recommended them, but I don't recall who.
I think the first recommendation came from AAAC? Anyhow, I just got a few of these in the mail, as a test run. Not particularly heavy, but plenty thick and supportive. Nice looking. Definitely can't beat the value, I'll probably pick up a few more. Tom

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the perks of selling stuff on Ebay -- I have a closet full of Oxxford hangers and sweet Kiton style hangers from Louis Boston in my closet. Between the two, the Oxxford are superior.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads