• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxxford gibbons model

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently tried on an Oxxford Gibbons model, which seemed to me a 180* difference from the Manhattan, which I really despise. I was wondering whether anyone has ever tried on or has this model, because I'd love to have it replicated from Chan. (I would have bought the suit -- it was $750 -- but I really just don't like unlined pants for some reason -- am I crazy?). If you do know anything about this cut, what are your thoughts, as I'd like a second opinion.

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
I am a very big fan of the Gibbons. In fact, I was sad that I ever tried it on, as I used to just pass by the Oxxford suits because never liked them before. That was of course before I first tried on the Gibbons. If you like the Gibbons, you will probably like the Oxxford Crest Line as well. And of course you can't beat Oxxford quality. As for the unlined pants, personal preferences are the hardest to overcome sometimes.

pgoat

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the current 2 button Gibbons with high notch (gorge?) and 32" jacket hem (for a 46R) would flatter a guy with my build?

Strong shoulders and chest but a bit of gut and wide hips, also short legs - 30" inseam. I am more long in the torso and usually prefer pleated pants on my natural waist to balance things out.

Thanks.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I really just don't like unlined pants for some reason -- am I crazy?

Not at all; I pretty much need a lining or else I'll stretch the knees.

johnnynorman

Reaction score
Funny to read the old thread -- I'm fine with unlined pants now, but prefer lined ones. Also, a bit of expert tailoring and the Manhattan can look great on a thinner guy, though I still wish Oxxford cut their Court model pants a bit slimmer.

As for the Gibbons, I think it is a flattering cut. The button stance is a little higher, a little longer line through the torso, and slighly wider shoulders (but lightly padded, at most, with no roping).

Are you going MTM or OTR? If the former, you might also want to check out the new Radcliffe model, which I think is more elegantly modern than the Gibbons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads