1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Oxxford 46R auction -- $1 starting price

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by johnnynorman3, Jan 10, 2005.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

Oxxford Manhattan II 46R This suit didn't sell at $499, which I considered a bargain price. Just for kicks I'm starting the bidding on relist at $1 -- to the highest bidder it shall go. This is a great suit -- a very sophisticated yet subtle fabric that has a great hand. Please let me know if you have questions. I'll probably try to post better pictures this week as well.

2. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

I saw this auction and figured it would easily sell too at that price.... The jacket is a bit too short for me (I normally figure I need jackets to be at least 33 inches long). Plus, like most of us I think I really don't need another suit.

Good luck

3. johnnynorman3

Blasphemy. I'll remeasure the length to make sure it's right -- I doubt I mismeasured by 1/2", but this is a standard OTR 46R so I'll double check my measurement.

4. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

JN,

I wasn't suggesting at all that your measurements were wrong. I was merely stating that I personally need jackets that are at least 33 inches long, and that was why I hadn't bid in the prior auction.

5. johnnynorman3

Kabert,

I understood why you told me what you did. But it just got me thinking whether I had changed that measurement or not, and it turns out that I hadn't. I remeasured the jacket and it came to 33". I then measured my 40R which came to 32.5". So the 46R clearly measured 1/2" longer than the 40R, which is the template that I had been using from a previous auction.