• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxxford 41R navy blazer, 40R suit, and Zegna N. Couture 40R navy cashmere odd coat

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
All sold. Thank you.

1. [SOLD] 41R Oxxford Renaissance navy double-breasted 6/2 blazer.

2. [SOLD] Taglia 50 (40R) Zegna navy Napoli Couture single-breasted three button 100% cashmere hopsack odd coat.

3. [SOLD] 40R Oxxford Kenilworth gray single-breasted two button suit.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
I'm curious as to what ID's the Zegna as Napoli Couture. I have a jacket with that label and thought it was just from the regular line.

As far as I know, not on the remaining tags on this coat. When I purchased it (about six years ago), the hang tag and an exterior sleeve tag identified it as Napoli Couture. I think this predates the Napoli Couture XXX tagging that was used subsequently.

At that time, the the Zegna Napoli Couture coats were cut very slim, as this is, and differed from the boxier Milanese-esqe Zegna cut in their standard lines...but the shoulders on this coat are stronger than what one would find in, say, a current Borrelli.

- B

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
I'm curious as to what ID's the Zegna as Napoli Couture. I have a jacket with that label and thought it was just from the regular line.

On the current generations of Zegna clothes,
there is a box in the lower left corner,

ZZ Z-Zegna
EZ E- Zegna
ZC Couture Zegna

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey, guys, I removed the "Napoli Couture" reference in the description in the Zegna coat since there is no obvious tag stating so.

If no one buys these tonight, I am just going to drop these off to charity tomorrow.

- B

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Hey, guys, I removed the "Napoli Couture" reference in the description in the Zegna coat since there is no obvious tag stating so.

If no one buys these tonight, I am just going to drop these off to charity tomorrow.

- B

The 5th box on the top row of the grayed info boxes identifies your jacket as ZC,
Zegna Couture.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
The 5th box on the top row of the grayed info boxes identifies your jacket as ZC,
Zegna Couture.

Thank you, Zegna-Jedi master. I'll put the Napoli Couture reference back in.

Anyway, the basic idea of this sale is: here are nice RTW items, for J. Crew prices, and have at them before they're dropped off for charity this week.

- B

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Zegna Napoli Couture must have an amazing feel.

I see that it has a fabic code "R".

Zegnamtl would know a lot more than I do, but I haven't seen many Zegnas with a fabric code of R or greater.

It's my understanding that the higher the code( I.E. the later the letter code), the better. So R would be a very nice fabric. I've never heard of an X, Y, or Z code.

If Zegnamtl sees this, I ask, is this correct?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
The Zegna Napoli Couture must have an amazing feel.

Yes, it has an amazing softness to-durability-ratio...hard to explain, but it is super soft but has no pilling whatsoever. A cashmere hopsack, for God's sake!

If I weren't addicted to the perfect fit of individualized SR garments, I would keep it, but given that I haven't worn it for two years, my hope is that it would have a useful life with someone else who would enjoy it.

Sale pending, anyway. Normally, I would strip it for the horn buttons before sending it on its way to charity...

- B

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
............ I see that it has a fabic code "R". ........ but I haven't seen many Zegnas with a fabric code of R or greater..........
rnoldh, You are too humble, you are very knowledgeable. You are correct about the letter coding for fabric grades. I do not recall if I have seen higher than R, and certainly not on mainline. The picture that showed the buttons show us the fabric was very nice! I have not been keeping up with Zegna in the last 2 years or so, I used to go to every trunk show I could, look at the fabric books etc. but I just have no need or room for anything more at the moment and have not been to many trunk shows of any sort in a while. Hanker, I am sure you will enjoy that Zegna, wear it in great health!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
The Zegna is already sold, but because R. and Z. are having a knowledgable discussion about how to read Zegna tags from this period, I am reposting two photos that help to show what the two gentlemen are discussing.

255562858_322DU-M.jpg

255562862_CZVkU-M.jpg

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Final-before-charity Presidents' Day price drop on the Oxxford blazer.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics