• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxfords for jeans.

chico-t02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopamine
If they were $500 AE, they would be marked up by about $200, and I think AE is too traditionally shaped and not suitable for jeans, so yes. First of all, none of the shoes you posted are oxfords, they're derbys (I'm surprised no one mentioned this). Second of all, if you're looking for something to go with jeans, look for more casual brands - as suggested before, sometimes Yoox has some great sales on shoes and boots that are decent. I keep my streetwear and formalwear fairly separate. The only exception to this would be if you're planning to wear these with plain dark jeans and a sport coat/blazer, in which case, a nice pair of brown shoes (I highly recommend the Lowndes double monk from Crockett & Jones) should work. I actually just turned 20, so don't think that I'm some old guy telling you to dress in a sport coat
wink.gif
. If you're planning on wearing jeans with shoes, I'd probably suggest ankle boots or just boots in general over a pair of oxfords.

Surprisingly, I totally see how bad those shoes with jeans are now. But yeah, my intention was to wear one of those pairs with dry jeans, dress shirt and my thrifted navy hugo boss blazer currently at the tailors. I'm totally with you on boots now, but somehow my minds changed on wearing a blazer with jeans and I think I'll just wear it with dress pants instead. Thanks. A lot. I'll put off my purchase of quality dressy boots for later, however, so that I can put more money away for them. But, for an updated look from sneakers with jeans right now though I was thinking of going with a canvas plimsoll or similar - what do you guys think? My life is sport orientated, so I don't dress like many the pictures I see on the WAYWT thread and personally, I dont like what I see with you Xenox (not a personal attack), so maybe the answers I'm getting are a bit prejudiced to your tastes which are different to mine. I only really planned to don some sort of dress shoe with jeans maybe once a fortnight according to the days itinerary, but thanks for everyones opinions so far. I agree with what you have to say composer. Edit; I'm not liking the structure of AE's on google images, just not my style, however if the sheen in those shoes is any indication of quality then that's probably the quality I'll be saving up for with my boot purchase. Any suggestions? I'm totally clueless on anything and other than AF1 over my ankles but they felt uncomfortable during basketball training so I've stayed away from boot like shoes. I'm looking for something slim I suppose.

zubin

Reaction score
conversely, i need to figure out which jeans i need to sport with these:
PICT0772.jpg
I dont think they would look good with diors stacking on them

izlat

Reaction score
I don't think they are too ugly. However, I agree that for this $ you could get a better shoe. Ebay might be a good option, or zappos. after 6pm, etc. websites.

I do wear AEs with jeans (Park Aves, Lamberts, etc.) because I think they look good together

Cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads