Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Oxford Wingtips With Jeans?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LionHeart550, Apr 17, 2016.

Is the outfit described above stylish or unstylish?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. LionHeart550

LionHeart550 New Member

Dear Forum,

I would like to know whether it is stylish to wear oxford wingtip shoes, (specifically the Florsheim Lexington Wing Tips) with Levis jeans and a dress shirt with a spread collar and maybe a suit jacket (used as a sport coat).

Sincerely,

LionHeart550

2. AlexE

AlexE Distinguished Member

I do not see an issue with wearing wingtips oxfords with dark blue jeans and a dress shirt (maybe I would not use black wingtips, but rather brown or tan ones). I do not like the idea of a suit jacket. Better take a less formal looking sports coat, e.g. tweed in fall / winter or linen in spring.

3. Johnsson

Johnsson Senior Member

I sometimes wear more casually coloured oxfords with odd trousers, but I think there are too many better options to wear with jeans.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior Member

Fully agree with AlexE; oxford brogues and jeans are fine but would also go with a colour other than black.

The orphan suit jacket is much more of a concern; can be ok if its a linen, corduroy, tweed etc but assuming you are talking about a worsted "business" suit then absolutely no.

5. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior Member

I wear my cognac shell wingtips with jeans sometimes. If you think leather oxfords are too formal, suede is a good option.