Oxford Wingtips With Jeans?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LionHeart550, Apr 17, 2016.

Is the outfit described above stylish or unstylish?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. LionHeart550

LionHeart550 New Member

Dear Forum,

I would like to know whether it is stylish to wear oxford wingtip shoes, (specifically the Florsheim Lexington Wing Tips) with Levis jeans and a dress shirt with a spread collar and maybe a suit jacket (used as a sport coat).

Sincerely,

LionHeart550

2. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

I do not see an issue with wearing wingtips oxfords with dark blue jeans and a dress shirt (maybe I would not use black wingtips, but rather brown or tan ones). I do not like the idea of a suit jacket. Better take a less formal looking sports coat, e.g. tweed in fall / winter or linen in spring.

3. Johnsson

Johnsson Senior member

I sometimes wear more casually coloured oxfords with odd trousers, but I think there are too many better options to wear with jeans.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

Fully agree with AlexE; oxford brogues and jeans are fine but would also go with a colour other than black.

The orphan suit jacket is much more of a concern; can be ok if its a linen, corduroy, tweed etc but assuming you are talking about a worsted "business" suit then absolutely no.

5. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

I wear my cognac shell wingtips with jeans sometimes. If you think leather oxfords are too formal, suede is a good option.