• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Oxford Shoes for High Instep

Salanizi

Reaction score
Hello

I need advice finding proper fitting shoes online,

I have high instep size 9US (8UK) feet, and I have wasted alot of money on mid priced and cheaper shoes trying to find one that fits well to no avail.

I hate the looks of derbys, and I grew bored of double monks. I have been fitted at the Loakw UK shop and the shoe that fit me well is the Archway just because it is a wide G fitting. However that shoe is from the entry level shoemakers range...i want something that is of a higher grade.

I am looking for wide fitting shoe (to compensate for the high instep i got) with a rubber sole.

Cheers

Sfroide3

Reaction score
You want to compensate high instep with wide size ?

Just buy shoes with higher instep ...

Look at Fitzpatrick. All their model besides one are high instep.

Salanizi

Reaction score
You want to compensate high instep with wide size ?

Just buy shoes with higher instep ...

Look at Fitzpatrick. All their model besides one are high instep.
Indeed I do acknowledge your point, and this is exactly why i posted this thread. I would rather buy proper width shoes that accomodate a high instep rather than buy wide fitting shoes.

Do you know of any English made models in particular?

Thanks

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
Hello

I need advice finding proper fitting shoes online,

I have high instep size 9US (8UK) feet, and I have wasted alot of money on mid priced and cheaper shoes trying to find one that fits well to no avail.

I hate the looks of derbys, and I grew bored of double monks. I have been fitted at the Loakw UK shop and the shoe that fit me well is the Archway just because it is a wide G fitting. However that shoe is from the entry level shoemakers range...i want something that is of a higher grade.

I am looking for wide fitting shoe (to compensate for the high instep i got) with a rubber sole.

Cheers
Well the easiest shoe to fit a higher instep (I have a high instep as well) would have been the derby. However, you did say you hate that style.

I do not know many mid-priced English makers that have an intrinsically higher instep. On the slightly higher priced shoes the Barker Black has more volume in that area. Lobb in both the 8000 and 7000 lasts. EG in the 202 last. The Alfred Sargent 724 last is forgiving, but less than the other manufacturers I mentioned.

The Sons of Henrey (that are made in Spain) do have medium to high insteps. They are also priced lower than these other makers.

Enzo Bonafe & Antonio Meccariello (Italian) shoes definitely have higher insteps as I own those and can vouch for their volume across the lacings.

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.