• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxford Dress Shoes Options

cl smooth

Reaction score
I need a pair of oxfords. Dark Brown/Black with a pointed, rounded toe. can be captoe or plain. looking for that minimal, clean look. any suggestions?

I just graduated college, and I'm looking for a shoe that's versatile enough to be worn with multiple suits. seeing as how i'm still a student (in socioeconomic terms), I can really only drop like 200 max (perhaps a little more if it's perfect).

I appreciate it.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there are any number of shoe stores you could check out. try shoemart.com or zappos.com. what's your budget? this will limit your choice of shoes but a you can get a decent pair from Allen Edmonds or Alden if you're willing to pay more.

Amiens

Reaction score
I'd recommend looking at Church's Sawley shoe or Alfred Sargent's Pall Mall shoe; I like their clean elegant line.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which shoes would you want to be wearing in their images when they reminisce over you?

woolymammoth

Reaction score
Lobb-Becketts.jpg

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
E Park Avenue.

cl smooth

Reaction score
looking to spend like 200 tops. damn, those c&j wembleys are amazing though.

max1227

Reaction score
I'll second the Park Avenues. They're $220 at Nordstrom right now--normally $325.

Foxtrot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max1227
I'll second the Park Avenues. They're $220 at Nordstrom right now--normally $325.

Even cheaper at Endless with the 40% cashback deal.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cl smooth
looking to spend like 200 tops. damn, those c&j wembleys are amazing though.

Right now through August 1, you can go to Nordstrom.com and get a pair of Park Avenue's for $220. They are regularly $325.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can afford $300 shoes, I just picked up Santoni Fatte a Manos from shopthefinest.com, which also has a lot of Sutors. Even better if you live in LA because the owner lets you check the inventory out in the warehouse. Super cool guy and his business model is to sell everything he gets at 60% off.

cl smooth

Reaction score
went to nordstroms today, those AE park aves are cool. those bruno maglis they got in there though, DAMN. really nice. 269 is steep for a recently graduated college student though, lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads