1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Owning only APC Jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by aceofspades923, Aug 9, 2009.

1. aceofspades923

aceofspades923 Active Member

I know there is an APC thread but this is a different topic then what size to pick, etc.

I bought some APCs about 4 months ago and they are really the only jeans I still wear. I am thinking about washing them and then buying another pair of APCs. 4-6 months after that, I would wash both pairs again and buy a third, and then continue this cycle.

What do you guys think about this? Would this create one light, one medium, and one dark pair of jeans? What is the point of owning different jeans if there is a type that you like the most? I was thinking about buying some Dior Homme jeans to change it up, but I can't justify spending an extra $150 just to have something different.

2. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

This is a very interesting question. Let me consult with my advisers before responding. Please hold.

3. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Sounds incredibly boring, especially with APCs. I would never own more than one of the same major article of clothing. There's so much out there, why stick with one?

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Sounds incredibly boring, especially with APCs. I would never own more than one of the same major article of clothing. There's so much out there, why stick with one?
    If it fits perfectly? Why not. I could get through life wearing nothing but Acne Mic Rigids. I don't, but I could. I have 2 w+h western flannels that while in slightly different colours are almost identical, they fit excellently. I could wear nothing but Kent Wang shirts with my suits and be perfectly happy. Boredom is subjective; if something works really well for you it is perfectly understandable to stick with it.

5. retroaaron

retroaaron Well-Known Member

I dont see any problem with it. If they're your favorite pair, why not have a few different pair that look and fit to your liking?

6. super

super Senior member

^exactly. but if you really like it then do it... do what u want!

but i can't help thinking about how much of a douche bag the APC designer is. He's always complaining about how ugly stuff is... be it fashion or art etc and yet his clothing besides his jeans are shit too. Sometimes it makes me NOT want to buy APC and support the guy.

7. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

If they fit perfectly and you like them, I see nothing wrong with wearing them forever. No doubt many will find that boring, but I'm more interested in feeling and looking good in what I wear than trying to be different.

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

Yeah, people eat at McDonalds. Regularly.

9. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

I wore white vans the past 10 years.

10. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

I think this is a good idea, but you should do it with nicer jawns.

11. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

You would say that. Wern't you the one who was advocating wearing the same thing every single day?

12. oroy38

oroy38 Senior member

If they fit well and you like them, there's nothing wrong with owning several pairs in as many colors as you want. Ralph Lauren polos fit me the best and i love the fabric they use, so I have at least 6 or 7 of their polos, all in different colors, and several in white. If you like a particular brand or model, then stock up! You never know when something will get discontinued.

13. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

14. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

I wore white vans the past 10 years.

Word up. The only sneakers I wear are black/black authentics.

15. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

I don't know about APC's, but I am all for uniform principle...KMW's are by far my favs, they fit my body frame perfectly, so I rotate 5-6 pairs. In distressed jeans, I found Diesel Timmen 8iw wash to be just as good in the hot summer months, so there...

16. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

i actually really want a pair of black raw denim and i was thinking of picking up APC ns. i already have an indigo pair of APC NS and RRL slims.

idk i feel a little weird but i like the fit and they're probably the perfect jeans for my needs, so why not?

17. benchan

benchan Senior member

PC jeans is a bit overrated, if you like its cut, there are others out there(besides DH, RRL) that comes with better denim and hardware.....

18. super

super Senior member

^ yea but APC is cheaper!

19. Casey

Casey Senior member

At the price point, I honestly don't see the point in "upgrading" to better jeans because if you look at APC jeans in perspective with mall brand jeans, they're cheaper and higher quality. And if you like them enough to buy a new pair every six months, then I don't think you need a better pair of jeans.

I've been wearing the same NS for over a year now and I don't feel the need to switch my jeans. I actually want to get them in black...

20. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

go4it. Personally I wouldn't..but This.
    Boredom is subjective; if something works really well for you it is perfectly understandable to stick with it.