Owning One Utlity Suit - Tropical Climate + Travel

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dunelly, Jan 29, 2013.

1. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

After buying a SS worsted navy, I realized I'd wear it once a year at most considering the weight and formality of the suit. A bad investment considering my income is not that great. I will probably return the suit.

I travel a lot and will probably be in Southeast Asia for a while, Vietnam specifically. What's a better more versatile suit that I can wear as a blazer, pack for travel in the tropics, and be ok enough for casual use?
    I'm in education so even at interviews I can probably get away with a blazer + dark slacks. (most teachers are dressed awfully)

I also wear mostly OCBDs and Linen shirts. My lifestyle doesn't dictate much formality. I'd love to have a reason to wear suits daily, but real life dictates otherwise.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013

2. cosmic

cosmic Well-Known Member

Dark blue linen blazersuit, half-lined. Cool, casual, and versatile - the jacket can be worn separately with chinos or jeans for dressing down on evenings and weekends; or you can pair it with a tie, shirt, and pair of oxfords to look pretty smart. The colour will match with almost anything.

3. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

SS doesn't seem to carry linen yet. Good advice