1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Owner of a new start-up or in general, would you pay $2500 to have lunch with a billionaire?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by eddievddr10, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

It seems obvious to me that as a start-up that $2.5k should be spent on ergonomic chairs and business cards. These are the vital ingredients of any new business.

2. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

Don't give up! Don't let the dream breakers get to you!

And remember, always, always spinning toward freeedom!

/billionaires empty platitudes distilled

Just saved you 2500 dollars.

3. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

So did the dude swallow? That's the least I'd expect...

4. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

/thread

5. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

This was my thought. There have to be better places for the owner of a startup to spend $2.5k.

It's a good thing you can do arithmetic, because your reading comprehension is utter shit.

6. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Are the New York Loew's billionaires? I know the Arizona branch of the family and while they're certainly well off, I didn't think they were that wealthy.

7. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

they are billionaires, they have many companies the family name is tisch

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  8. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Oh, I didn't realize he meant a member of the Tisch family. I know who they are.

However, there are several members of the actual Loew's family still who live in Southern Arizona. They are the descendants of Marcus Loew and Adolph Zukor who started Loews Corporationm, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) and Paramount Pictures back in the early 1900's. The Tisch Family didn't buy Loew's from MGM until 1960.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012