• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overused phrases

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I couldn't find the thread about overused business phrases, but here's an interesting article to go along with that conversation. MSN Article Enjoy.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find the thread about overused business phrases, but here's an interesting article to go along with that conversation. MSN Article Enjoy.
I don't see anything like "brown is for farmer". Are you sure your link worths a penny?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got an overused phrase for you:

"What is Manely watch?"

Jon.
I have just seen on your profil that you were a teenager...

Now I understand why you are not capable to hold a dialogue but try to save the face by looking on a spelling mistake of a French guy trying to speak your language...

Imagine how ridiculious you would be if the debate was in French. Wanna try?

Do you think I could be proud of speaking a foreign language (like you are of working)? Probably not because you may not speak any...

Godamme, you are 22 and you have been working for several years . You mustn't have studied a lot, why? You prefered cleaning watches before puting them into window shops?

Eric

Reaction score
(imageWIS @ May 18 2005,20:51) I've got an overused phrase for you: "What is Manely watch?" Jon.
I have just seen on your profil that you were a teenager... Now I understand why you are not capable to hold a dialogue but try to save the face by looking on a spelling mistake of a French guy trying to speak your language... Imagine how ridiculious you would be if the debate was in French. Wanna try? Do you think I could be proud of speaking a foreign language (like you are of working)? Probably not because you may not speak any... Godamme, you are 22 and you have been working for several years . You mustn't have studied a lot, why? You prefered cleaning watches before puting them into window shops?
Ernest has a good point. Fight for your right Ernest. Eric

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS,May 18 2005,20:51
I've got an overused phrase for you: "What is Manely watch?" Jon.
I have just seen on your profil that you were a teenager... Now I understand why you are not capable to hold a dialogue but try to save the face by looking on a spelling mistake of a French guy trying to speak your language... Imagine how ridiculious you would be if the debate was in French. Wanna try? Do you think I could be proud of speaking a foreign language (like you are of working)? Probably not because you may not speak any... Godamme, you are 22 and you have been working for several years . You mustn't have studied a lot, why? You prefered cleaning watches before puting them into window shops?
Listen, I know we are on the English measurement system over here in America, but 22 is hardly a teenager. How old are you Ernest? I'll try it in French if you'll try it in Spanish. "Godamme" is that like Jean Claude van Damme? Yes, Ernest many people get part-time jobs as teenagers, instead of being lazy and staying on welfare as a substitute for doing something with your life. Jon.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listen, I know we are on the English measurement system over here in America, but 22 is hardly a teenager. How old are you Ernest?

I'll try it in French if you'll try it in Spanish.  

"Godamme" is that like Jean Claude van Damme?

Yes, Ernest many people get part-time jobs as teenagers, instead of being lazy and staying on welfare as a substitute for doing something with your life.

Jon.
Teenager = wide conception

You shouldn't take all words at their narrow meaning.

My age is on my profil, you shouldn't be able to find it.

I have never studied Spanish. Why should I speak 2 foreign languages while you don't even have tried in one?

Do you thing you will go to heaven?

And these people think they are experts in watches if their job was to clean shops selling watches?

When I see you aren't even capable to quote properly, i really wonder what you could do in your life.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(imageWIS @ May 19 2005,01:39) Listen, I know we are on the English measurement system over here in America, but 22 is hardly a teenager. How old are you Ernest? I'll try it in French if you'll try it in Spanish. "Godamme" is that like Jean Claude van Damme? Yes, Ernest many people get part-time jobs as teenagers, instead of being lazy and staying on welfare as a substitute for doing something with your life. Jon.
Teenager = wide conception You shouldn't take all words at their narrow meaning. My age is on my profil, you shouldn't be able to find it. I have never studied Spanish. Why should I speak 2 foreign languages while you don't even have tried in one? Do you thing you will go to heaven? And these people think they are experts in watches if their job was to clean shops selling watches? When I see you aren't even capable to quote properly, i really wonder what you could do in your life.
Ernest, Until' you actually read what I post and not just make things up to defend your non-life, I'll refrain from continuing this. Jon. Oh, by the way imbecile, I speak Spanish, this is why I mentioned it...man are you dense. At least watching you intertwine yourself in all this was pretty hilarious for about 36 hours, but now its over.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I can't believe Jon. is damn near thirty.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads