• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overt Skincare - Transparent, Effective, Charitable - Official Affiliate Thread

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Of course!

Use code: FATHERSDAY21 for 30% off all products, now through Father's Day :)

I've extended it today in case you didn't get a chance to grab your Father's Day gift! After today it will revert to being full price

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question -- If I've got the restorer and the smoother, aka the anti-aging duo, can I put them both on before I go to bed? Any particular order?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Question -- If I've got the restorer and the smoother, aka the anti-aging duo, can I put them both on before I go to bed? Any particular order?

Good question! I'd try alternating them rather than layering. So I would do three nights the smoother and four nights the restorer.

The only reason I'd avoid layering in this instance is that they contain similar active ingredients and there is a functional limit to the amount your skin could absorb (as they are both retinoids)

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For those of you who may have missed our email we are doing a buy one, get one free sale for our one year anniversary!

Thanks to you all and your support it's been a great last year :)

This is valid on all items so you can pick up single serums, duos, or even the whole set.

The code for that is ONEYEAR

shortlefty

Reaction score
My face has been really oily as of late, possibly due to he high humidity in NY. I wash my face, toner, use the hydrator, and apply a light moisturizer. What am I doing wrong?

I know you mentioned that the face should be a tad damp before applying product, but I'm still getting mixed messages from other sources and I'm going crazy! Any more color on this?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My face has been really oily as of late, possibly due to he high humidity in NY. I wash my face, toner, use the hydrator, and apply a light moisturizer. What am I doing wrong?

I know you mentioned that the face should be a tad damp before applying product, but I'm still getting mixed messages from other sources and I'm going crazy! Any more color on this?

Every source will have their own opinion. Being in CT right now I know exactly what you mean about the high humidity!

Honestly, it sounds as if your routine is spot on. I don't remember the cleanser or moisturizer you use? That would probably be where the biggest change could be in terms of oily-ness.

I apply while its a tad damp and I have had that work well. You can apply it to dry skin too, the main thing is to avoid trying to put it on soaking wet skin.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Every source will have their own opinion. Being in CT right now I know exactly what you mean about the high humidity!

Honestly, it sounds as if your routine is spot on. I don't remember the cleanser or moisturizer you use? That would probably be where the biggest change could be in terms of oily-ness.

I apply while its a tad damp and I have had that work well. You can apply it to dry skin too, the main thing is to avoid trying to put it on soaking wet skin.

I use both the cervae face wash you recommended. Not sure which one to change out. Thanks for the help!

m0butt

Reaction score
I don’t use any Overt products yet. My skin has been shinyyyy by the end of the day these days. I see you guys are having bogo right now so what do you recommend for someone who’s really just fighting aging?

current routine: cetaphil, cerave spf30 moisturizer in the morning
Cetaphil, tretinoin in the evening

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don’t use any Overt products yet. My skin has been shinyyyy by the end of the day these days. I see you guys are having bogo right now so what do you recommend for someone who’s really just fighting aging?

current routine: cetaphil, cerave spf30 moisturizer in the morning
Cetaphil, tretinoin in the evening

Hey!

It really depends on the stage of aging you are at. I'd recommend starting off with the self-care bundle, it's a phenomenal deal and one of our deepest discounted items (in terms of value).

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Rory

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads