• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overt Skincare - Transparent, Effective, Charitable - Official Affiliate Thread

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to remember to place my order today.

shortlefty

Reaction score
First off, thanks for picking up that kit - it contains all of our serums which is great for really finding which one you like. It's been a really popular seller and I think has become one of our best offerings.

Here is what I'd recommend for you, or anyone else who wants to try the full set:

I'd recommend continuing with The Brightener and The Hydrator in the AM (in that order).

Start working in The Restorer 2-3 nights a week. After 4 weeks of that add in The Smoother every other night. So you'd be alternating The Restorer and The Smoother at night.

If those give you some type of reaction (which they shouldn't... but some people do have retinol sensitivity) then switch to alternating The Restorer and The Renewer (EGF).

Remember that it is especially important to use SPF in the morning when using Retinols at night. Retinol is a miracle-worker in skincare but does make your skin more photosensitive. You will see that your skin after 2-3 months begins to look a lot healthier, and younger, as Retinol increases the skin cell turnover.

Sorry getting some confusion. If I wash my face in the morning after applying retinol at night, do I still need to apply spf?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry getting some confusion. If I wash my face in the morning after applying retinol at night, do I still need to apply spf?

Yes, definitely, as the retinol will have begun to work on your skin! You'll still need to be applying SPF in the morning.

Think of it as if the serum has already sunk in, and even washing your face won't get it out.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, thanks for picking up that kit - it contains all of our serums which is great for really finding which one you like. It's been a really popular seller and I think has become one of our best offerings.

Here is what I'd recommend for you, or anyone else who wants to try the full set:

I'd recommend continuing with The Brightener and The Hydrator in the AM (in that order).

Start working in The Restorer 2-3 nights a week. After 4 weeks of that add in The Smoother every other night. So you'd be alternating The Restorer and The Smoother at night.

If those give you some type of reaction (which they shouldn't... but some people do have retinol sensitivity) then switch to alternating The Restorer and The Renewer (EGF).

Remember that it is especially important to use SPF in the morning when using Retinols at night. Retinol is a miracle-worker in skincare but does make your skin more photosensitive. You will see that your skin after 2-3 months begins to look a lot healthier, and younger, as Retinol increases the skin cell turnover.

Thanks for the guidelines and I have already started this process. I was curious about the role of the Renewer. Can you advise its purpose and where it fits in the line please?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the guidelines and I have already started this process. I was curious about the role of the Renewer. Can you advise its purpose and where it fits in the line please?

Sure! The Renewer is a kind of retinol alternative. Some people find themselves quite sensitive to retinol, so this was to be able to offer an effective anti-aging solution without the use of Retinol. It (EGF) actually originated for treating scars post surgery. So it has a number of other applications... for example:

1. Acne marking from past skin negligence
  2. Uneven texture like bumping
  3. Treating light scarring to improve appearance
Of course most of the above are quite long term applications and results won't be seen as easily as Retinol or Vitamin C. EGF is a longer term commitment but we wanted to be able to offer EGF at an affordable price as the main EGF producers are BioEffect at $300 at the equivalent size.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all!

I wanted to let you know that we are running a promotion for Mother's Day. It's buy one, get one free, for all of our serums. That means this is a great opportunity to pickup a gift for Mom, a significant other, or even yourself :)

We will be running this for the next week, so through Mother's Day in the US.

Hopefully you find something you like!

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wanted to shout out the vitamin c serum -- i wasn't sure what i'd get out of it but i am really surprised and pleased by the "glow." highly recommended.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I wanted to let you know that we are running a promotion for Mother's Day. It's buy one, get one free, for all of our serums. That means this is a great opportunity to pickup a gift for Mom, a significant other, or even yourself :)

We will be running this for the next week, so through Mother's Day in the US.

Hopefully you find something you like!

Is there a code for this?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Rory, is the code still active? I tried putting an order in this morning an got an error msg.

Hey there!

It actually ended on Mother's Day itself.

That said, I've PMed you a code that has the same deal. I hope that works :)

Rory

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to make sure you didn't miss this, some of you have noted that you didn't get our email in the past:

We wanted to make sure you got a chance to see this! We are offering 20% off for life.

It makes us really happy when we see people reorder, but we wanted to ask ourselves, how could we reward those who have been the most loyal?

Subscribe and save allows you to pick intervals of 1, 2, or 3 months to receive our serums directly to you in the mail (always with free shipping). In addition, you save 20% on the cost of whatever you subscribe to.

That is an incredible value on our serums. We have formulated them with a talented team of PhDs and chemical engineers. We don't go for the hype, but rather what works, and it shows.

If this interests you, then on any of our product pages you can find the subscription option right next to the product pictures. You will save 20% for life on some of the most effective serums on the market today.

We thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions, just reach out.

Thanks,

Rory

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads