• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overt Skincare - Transparent, Effective, Charitable - Official Affiliate Thread

alpyigit

Reaction score
Sorry, just a quick question: I bought the brightener and renewer. Which one is better for AM use? Both says apply in the evening. Many thanks.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, just a quick question: I bought the brightener and renewer. Which one is better for AM use? Both says apply in the evening. Many thanks.

Hey Alypigit,

I don't know why my response never posted. The Brightener is what I use in the AM! It works well to brighten and even the face (basically it makes you look like you got the best night sleep ever). Use it before putting on further moisturizer as needed.

Cheers

Rory

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to post something super exciting here in the thread and share it with our SF members. You may have just got an email from me regarding it. I believe this is a first for Styleforum and an exciting opportunity to be a permanent part of one of the Forum Sponsors. Either way, here it is:

We're Crowdfunding!

Dear SF Members,

2020 may not be fondly remembered by everybody, but for Overt it has been an incredible six months of growth. We launched in July with a simple mission, make complex skincare easy to understand, affordable and above all, transparent. We succeeded broadcasting our mission far and wide into publications like Forbes, Reader's Digest and Yahoo.

We have been working on providing the best possible skincare at a competitive price. We have sold our products into some of the most exclusive vendors across the world, despite that pandemic. Since July we have witnessed month on month growth of 167%. Big retailers like Ulta, Sephora and Target have all requested samples.

Key Performance:

• Lead Investor: Former PR director for too-faced cosmetics (sold to Estee Lauder for $1.6 billion)
  • Featured on Yahoo, Forbes, Reader's Digest, Refinery29, Byrdie, CR Fashion Book, Coveteur.
  • Month on month revenue growth of 167%
  • Highly profitable unit economics to disrupt a fragmented and slow-moving industry
We are giving our community, our biggest supporters, the opportunity to actually own a part of the company. We are selling equity (ownership) of Overt to fund our expansion into new lines (Moisturizers, SPFs and Face Washes) and extend our marketing and sales efforts to bring it directly to the consumer via select retail channels. This is only for a limited time and we have financial limit for the round.

Our 2021 Plans:

Our vision is to produce a full line of excellent skincare in a transparent and socially responsible manner. We want to be the next big skincare brand and with your ownership, we can make that happen.

• Research, produce and develop a full suite of skincare products including moisturizers, face washes and SPF
  • Increase retail distribution to key partners in both domestic and foreign markets
  • Expand our team to position us for optimal growth in both consumer and business markets
  • Hone marketing efforts to maintain our low operating costs while focusing on growth

We have a early bird special while this campaign is still private. It lowers our valuation enabling our SF guys to take get a larger share of equity for their investment. It is limited to the first $75,000 raised.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us directly. My direct email is rory[at]overtskincare.com. I will happily share investment documents including a deck and also our P&L sheet.

You can check out more details here.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,

Excited to say that quite a few of our customers have chosen to participate in the crowdfunding - we are thrilled they have chosen to do so!

It's just gone public as of a few hours ago - it's filling up fairly quickly so if you have any questions I'd love to address them.

Cheers

Rory

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There hasnt been too much activity here recently, so I thought I would ask about the full set of serums. Presuming I bought the full set, what would that regimen look like? What would I use, when? Many thanks!

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There hasnt been too much activity here recently, so I thought I would ask about the full set of serums. Presuming I bought the full set, what would that regimen look like? What would I use, when? Many thanks!

Hey bdavro23!

The full set has actually been really successful for us, it allows a newer customer to try out every serum at a discounted price. I would suggest focusing on cycling the serums for 3 weeks at a time to see which formulation you see make the biggest difference. This helps eliminate guesswork as to which one you really are seeing results with.

I'd start with a gentle regime of using The Brightener (Vitamin C) and The Hydrator (Hyaluronic Acid). in the AM. After about three weeks I'd begin to delve into the more targeted serums. I'd probably start with using The Restorer for three weeks in the PM and noting any changes. Next, I'd discontinue the use of The Restorer and move on to The Smoother for three weeks, again in the PM, noting any changes. Finally, I'd discontinue the use of the smoother and then switch to try using EGF for three weeks, again in the PM, and noting any changes.

You'll see which one of these more targeted serums works for you and your skin goals.

Throughout the time period I'd continue to use both The Brightener and The Hydrator in the AM (in that order). We feel that these are essential serums that everyone can really use.

I'm giving three weeks as an example as I believe that is the shortest amount of time visual changes will occur. While you may feel textural changes faster, visual changes take more time.

Let me know what other questions you may have :)

Rory

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all!

For those of you who might be doing some valentine's day shopping - we are offering 20% off of all of our products now through February 14th :)

Use the code BEMINE for 20% off any products you fancy for yourself or a loved one.

As a reminder, we have a gift giving guide produced by Gigi, the other co-founder to help you select the perfect serum(s) :)

Wishing you all a great start to the week.

Cheers

Rory

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all!

For those of you who might be doing some valentine's day shopping - we are offering 20% off of all of our products now through February 14th :)

Use the code BEMINE for 20% off any products you fancy for yourself or a loved one.

As a reminder, we have a gift giving guide produced by Gigi, the other co-founder to help you select the perfect serum(s) :)

Wishing you all a great start to the week.

Cheers

Rory

Hey all,

Just a reminder that with Valentine's day coming up you, or your special someone, should look the very best :)

We've still got our sale ongoing with 20% off! Our serums make a great little gift.

Rory

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,

Hope you are all doing well!

I wanted to encourage you all to follow us on Instagram, we post educational content as well as content about our products and brand. Although I may be biased, it's pretty cool!

You can follow us on @overt_skincare :)

Cheers

Rory

shortlefty

Reaction score
Hey, got another question. I've been watching some videos that recommend layering on your product with a damp face.

So face wash then while still damp, apply toner. Don't wait till toner dries out completely before applying serum. Allow serum to penetrate but moisturizer before it dries out (damp Is ideal). I never heard of this, what are your thoughts Rory?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, got another question. I've been watching some videos that recommend layering on your product with a damp face.

So face wash then while still damp, apply toner. Don't wait till toner dries out completely before applying serum. Allow serum to penetrate but moisturizer before it dries out (damp Is ideal). I never heard of this, what are your thoughts Rory?

Hey Shortlefty :)

So, normally in terms of layering it makes sense to layer them on on top of each other. When I say wait to dry, I don't mean bone dry skin, but just skin that feels freshly washed and isn't soaking wet.

It's important to note they don't mean dripping wet, they just mean skin that has been recently cleansed and remains slightly damp. I think this is the opportune time to begin the layering of the serums and other products.

We are actually working on an IG reel to show how best to apply the products. If you have IG and aren't following us you should check it out when it drops!

Rory

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

As it begins to start to warm up across the northern hemisphere and we enter Spring remember that UV protection is critical to prevent signs of premature aging. The easiest way to do this is to apply a quality sunscreen with reasonable SPF protection of both UVA and UVB.

Our The Brightener serum contains 20% Vitamin C, an antioxidant, that helps protect against increased signs of photo-aging. It is a powerful tool, combined with SPF, in your anti-aging regime.

I apply it everyday in the AM before putting on some further moisturizer and SPF.

Cheers all and enjoy the slightly warmer weather.

Rory

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been using Overt over the last few months and I've been happy with the products. I wanted to try some of the things I hadnt tried when my supplies ran low, so I ordered the below which arrived today. Looking forward to a facewash and moisturizer as soon as you can get them ready!

PXL_20210318_202638102.jpg

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, @Overt I got the full kit, now what do I do with it? I'm 41, white, normal to maybe slightly oily skin. I just finished my bottles of the Hydrator and Brightener and I'm not sure of what protocol I should implement with these 5. Thoughts?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, @Overt I got the full kit, now what do I do with it? I'm 41, white, normal to maybe slightly oily skin. I just finished my bottles of the Hydrator and Brightener and I'm not sure of what protocol I should implement with these 5. Thoughts?

First off, thanks for picking up that kit - it contains all of our serums which is great for really finding which one you like. It's been a really popular seller and I think has become one of our best offerings.

Here is what I'd recommend for you, or anyone else who wants to try the full set:

I'd recommend continuing with The Brightener and The Hydrator in the AM (in that order).

Start working in The Restorer 2-3 nights a week. After 4 weeks of that add in The Smoother every other night. So you'd be alternating The Restorer and The Smoother at night.

If those give you some type of reaction (which they shouldn't... but some people do have retinol sensitivity) then switch to alternating The Restorer and The Renewer (EGF).

Remember that it is especially important to use SPF in the morning when using Retinols at night. Retinol is a miracle-worker in skincare but does make your skin more photosensitive. You will see that your skin after 2-3 months begins to look a lot healthier, and younger, as Retinol increases the skin cell turnover.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics