• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overt Skincare - Transparent, Effective, Charitable - Official Affiliate Thread

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got the Smoother the other day. Second time using it. If I see myself getting any older I am going to hold Overt personally responsible.

A small note I know yall're supposed to be all doo-goody and whatnot. Is the plastic wrap on the box necessary? and the shipping box is excessively large. That one I know you guys don't have much control over but still.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got the Smoother the other day. Second time using it. If I see myself getting any older I am going to hold Overt personally responsible.

A small note I know yall're supposed to be all doo-goody and whatnot. Is the plastic wrap on the box necessary? and the shipping box is excessively large. That one I know you guys don't have much control over but still.

You'll definitely see some gradual improvement and I'm really happy you decided to pick that up :)

Re the plastic wrap - unfortunately, some retailers require us to shrink wrap the boxes. It's the one part of our packaging that is unable to be recycled and frankly, it kinda sucks. But that's their requirement to show that it hasn't been tampered with, and during these complicated times, it is what they expect.

I really appreciate the point though and will explore other options :)

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for you, Rory. I've read through the thread and picked up on the very strong recommendations to wear sunscreen all the time. I'm wondering how to reconcile that with the seeming risk of looking 'pasty', if I'm saying it right. Don't people generally talk about tanned skin as looking vibrant and attractive, and pale or pasty skin the opposite?

Perhaps I'm looking at this wrong, but that question kept popping up in my mind. For my own part, I have fair skin that freckles and I do deal a lot with redness (not to mention significant irritation from shaving if I'm not careful). It feels like I get a more even tone when I get more sun, and it looks better to me anyway.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Question for you, Rory. I've read through the thread and picked up on the very strong recommendations to wear sunscreen all the time. I'm wondering how to reconcile that with the seeming risk of looking 'pasty', if I'm saying it right. Don't people generally talk about tanned skin as looking vibrant and attractive, and pale or pasty skin the opposite?

Perhaps I'm looking at this wrong, but that question kept popping up in my mind. For my own part, I have fair skin that freckles and I do deal a lot with redness (not to mention significant irritation from shaving if I'm not careful). It feels like I get a more even tone when I get more sun, and it looks better to me anyway.

Hey Acapaca,

Great question. So no sunscreen, no matter how good, blocks absolutely 100% of UV to your skin. In fact, most excellent sunscreens still let through 2-3% of UV rays.

In particular, if you have fair skin that freckles (as do I) your skin will react more to the smaller amounts of UV that do 'get through' the sunscreen. So that 2% or so that makes it through your sunscreen is still enough to trigger a melanin reaction in your skin. Wearing sunscreen doesn't mean you will look pasty. That small percentage can still achieve your even-toned sun-kissed skin.

Since you mention general unevenness in tone, have you tried using a Vitamin C product? It helps to even out blotchiness and I find it works really well particularly with our type of skin (fair-skinned and sensitive).

Cheers

Rory

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Acapaca,

Great question. So no sunscreen, no matter how good, blocks absolutely 100% of UV to your skin. In fact, most excellent sunscreens still let through 2-3% of UV rays.

In particular, if you have fair skin that freckles (as do I) your skin will react more to the smaller amounts of UV that do 'get through' the sunscreen. So that 2% or so that makes it through your sunscreen is still enough to trigger a melanin reaction in your skin. Wearing sunscreen doesn't mean you will look pasty. That small percentage can still achieve your even-toned sun-kissed skin.

Since you mention general unevenness in tone, have you tried using a Vitamin C product? It helps to even out blotchiness and I find it works really well particularly with our type of skin (fair-skinned and sensitive).

Cheers

Rory
Thanks very much, Rory. I haven't tried any products yet, actually! I'm looking forward to giving yours a whirl. I've been taking notes all throughout the thread.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks very much, Rory. I haven't tried any products yet, actually! I'm looking forward to giving yours a whirl. I've been taking notes all throughout the thread.

Great let me know if you have any questions :)

shortlefty

Reaction score
I got very oily skin, I tried the cerave moisturizer you recommended and it is pretty good, but if I combo it with a toner and serum I still get oily. Is there another moisturizer you would recommend?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I got very oily skin, I tried the cerave moisturizer you recommended and it is pretty good, but if I combo it with a toner and serum I still get oily. Is there another moisturizer you would recommend?

Hey Shortlefty!

Counterintuitively, moisturizers generally help calm oily skin as your skin doesn't produce excess oil it feels it needs when your skin is dry. You can try another moisturizer, like Neutrogena's Hydro-Boost gel cream. I don't have personal experience with it but I have only heard good things (https://www.neutrogena.com/products...aluronic-acid-for-extra-dry-skin/6811048.html)

One thing I'd try is removing the toner, if it's alcohol-based it could be drying out your skin and your skin might be over- compensating by producing more oil as a result.

Also, how are you cleansing? Switching to a gentler moisturizer will prevent over-drying as well.

Let me know :)

Rory

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just discovered a “niche top shelf skincare” meme account on Instagram called dewydudes. Thought some of the weirder folks in this thread might be into it. I loled several times.

33337CBE-1CCE-466E-815A-7D204FA3B8A3.jpeg
29A9F651-02B5-4E60-AFDD-8239922F4633.jpeg
E15C0F77-0057-4BF3-8A13-3165A580AD94.jpeg
D99BBE86-DDE9-408B-B3DF-0A0D197099D0.jpeg

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I just discovered a “niche top shelf skincare” meme account on Instagram called dewydudes. Thought some of the weirder folks in this thread might be into it. I loled several times.

Ha! I love the one with St Ives apricot scrub. Will follow it

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ha! I love the one with St Ives apricot scrub. Will follow it

Hey all,

Hope you are having a relaxing weekend! I wanted to touch base with everyone and say how overwhelmed we were with the support during Black Friday. Styleforum continues to be our most valuable source of customers.

We are really pleased to be a sponsor here and are working hard on our holiday gift giving guide for all those SOs in your lives.

Cheers

Rory

shortlefty

Reaction score
Wait there was a blackfriday sale that I missed?? I didn't get an email

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wait there was a blackfriday sale that I missed?? I didn't get an email

Yes! I will make you your own code so you can take advantage of it today ;)

Surprised you didn't get the email! I sent out quite a few, maybe they went to spam?

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes! I will make you your own code so you can take advantage of it today ;)

Surprised you didn't get the email! I sent out quite a few, maybe they went to spam?

if an email went to previous buyers, i never got anything. wasn't in spam, either

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads