• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overt Skincare - Transparent, Effective, Charitable - Official Affiliate Thread

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm glad to say that after testing our moisturizers for efficacy we find them to be very good indeed.

I will be dropping the Vitamin C video later today, so watch for that :)

Cheers

Rory

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm glad to say that after testing our moisturizers for efficacy we find them to be very good indeed.

I will be dropping the Vitamin C video later today, so watch for that :)

Cheers

Rory

Hey guys! It took a bit longer to render properly than I thought, but I'm pleased to share our first deep dive into an ingredient: Vitamin C.

Check it out here:

I hope you guys find this informative, and any suggestions for future videos are welcome :)

Reactions: jms

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what should I be looking at for a darker skin tone/complexion? I'm African American for example and need something that would help with sun exposure.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
what should I be looking at for a darker skin tone/complexion? I'm African American for example and need something that would help with sun exposure.

Hey Desi!

With a darker skin tone, I'd recommend looking for a clear sunscreen to avoid getting a white cast on your skin. For example, Supergoop makes a sunscreen called 'Unseen Sunscreen' that I've used and has no kind of cast on my skin. It will work better than just your off the shelf stuff. It also happens to be reasonably well formulated.

In terms of our serums, I'd check out our glowing duo. All our stuff is designed to be used by all skin tones/complexions and skin types - they go on clear and absorb quickly. The duo offers both Vitamin C (the Brightener) and our complex Hyaluronic Acid (The Hydrator) serums.

You'd use the brightener in the AM after cleansing and before moisturizing, and SPF. You'd then use the hydrator at night after cleansing and before a thicker night time moisturizer.

cheers

Rory

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

We were recently featured in Organic Spa Magazine for our super popular Glowing Duo (https://www.organicspamagazine.com/dynamic-duos/)

This duo combines Vitamin C and organic Hyaluronic Acid to come up with a winning combination (and nice entry point) into the skincare game.

I'll be updating here more frequently as we get covered in press and work our way into some retailers ;)

Cheers

Rory

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what kid of results is the restorer supposed to give?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So what kid of results is the restorer supposed to give?

The Restorer can be thought of as a 'bridge' serum that lies somewhere between anti-aging and skin restoration. It has a low concentration of retinol to help smooth out wrinkles and earlier signs of aging while helping build the skin barrier with peptides, Matrixyl 3000, and antioxidants.

In general, it is a complex formulation that really works well to keep your skin in tip-top shape, especially when you first start to notice aging. The added ingredients help do the following:
  • Antioxidants work to prevent further damage to your skin from environmental factors like UV (photoaging) and other free radicals.
  • Peptides help stimulate collagen production to bring forth new skin.
  • Matrixyl 3000 works to decrease the depth and intensity of wrinkling
In general, I think it is a great 'bridge' serum for those who start to notice the signs of aging but don't want to commit to the 'heavier' stuff just yet.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks

So then what’s the “renewer” for?

I see what the pages say, but basically I can’t tell what 1 actually does vs the other

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks

So then what’s the “renewer” for?

I see what the pages say, but basically I can’t tell what 1 actually does vs the other

Hey Scb,

Great question.

The Renewer is a Retinol alternative, so has no retinol at all. Some people simply don't like retinol or find their skin is super sensitive to it, so we wanted to offer an alternative.

The Renewer is based on plant-derived stem cells, so it's most helpful for people with scarring (actually that's how EGF started), rough texture, or some acne pockmarks. EGF is a much longer-term solution so it takes quite a bit longer to realize results.

If you want to try for the first time, I'd recommend the Restorer to start and see how you get on with that :)

Rory

Gordoo

Reaction score
Is the Restorer a faster alternative to the Renewer for scarring?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the Restorer a faster alternative to the Renewer for scarring?

In general, it will stimulate collagen production so can help fade scarring. In general, though, I wouldn't depend on it to completely fade more substantial scarring. It is faster than the Renewer in terms of results!

Gordoo

Reaction score
In general, it will stimulate collagen production so can help fade scarring. In general, though, I wouldn't depend on it to completely fade more substantial scarring. It is faster than the Renewer in terms of results!
Interesting, I can use both two at the same time for my night routine and use the brightener in the morning, correct?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting, I can use both two at the same time for my night routine and use the brightener in the morning, correct?

Definitely! They can be used in conjunction. That said, I would use one for a month and the other for a month to see what works better with your skin and where you see the real difference :)

Just to be a bit more scientific about it.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the self-care bundle. So as you said it would be brightener in the morning and hydrator at night. Where would the restorer fit in this? And all daily?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I got the self-care bundle. So as you said it would be brightener in the morning and hydrator at night. Where would the restorer fit in this? And all daily?

Hey Desi

Thanks for ordering :)

Yes, I would do the brightener AND hydrator in the morning. So, after cleansing, the brightener, 3-4 drops spread around your face wait a few seconds for it to soak in, then the same with the hydrator, then apply further moisturizer as needed.

I would begin using the restorer every night after cleansing and before nighttime moisturizer (if you tend to use nighttime moisturizer, not everyone does).

Let me know how you get on

Cheers

Rory

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads