• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overt Skincare - Transparent, Effective, Charitable - Official Affiliate Thread

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shisheido (already mentioned) makes a great sunscreen. Personally I am partial to Bioré, they are a Japanese sunscreen, easily found on Amazon. Their Aqua Rich sunscreen covers both UVA/UVB and is PA++++ which is the highest measurement of UV protection (scale developed in Japan). It also helps that absorbs quickly and doesn’t run and sting your eyes, even when doing exercise.

Until we make our own, that’s what I recommend ;)

Whoa also a good recommendation! Really affordable too.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How do I know if my skin is "dull" or has "texture" issues? I basically look like I'm just a notch above Steve Bannon skin if that helps. When I look at skin products I get overwhelmed.

Good question!

Sometimes skin issues can be hard to identify, which usually means you might have you might have a few different things going on. When I googled Steve Bannon it looked like he had some redness, uneven skin tone, and some hydration issues.

I think a great starting point for practically everyone is our duo of Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid. Vitamin C (The Brightener) helps brighten while evening out skin tone including blotchiness. The Hyaluronic Acid (The Hydrator) serum helps soothe your skin and by significantly elevating your sounds ability to retain moisture, works well as a first step to address skincare issues that may be a result of dry skin. These two are usually a great starting point. I’ll be making a video later this week about how to build a basic, but good, skincare routine.

Check out the glowing duo here. By buying it as a duo you save a bit too!

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two things:

1. what would you recommend to someone who has frequent rosacea outbreaks on their cheek area?

2. looks like the STYLEFORUM code you mentioned in your original post isn’t working.

23C6F805-43E9-4A29-A279-7E9064D916C9.jpeg

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two things:

1. what would you recommend to someone who has frequent rosacea outbreaks on their cheek area?

2. looks like the STYLEFORUM code you mentioned in your original post isn’t working.

View attachment 1424881

Hey my main man,

I’ve re-enabled the STYLEFORUM discount code. Sorry about that, it had automatically expired, it should now never expire.

Skin with Rosacea is very sensitive. That means you should be trying to avoid skincare products with drying ingredients, alcohol, or contain any potential irritants.

The good news is that we never formulate with those. I’d also recommend you to check your current routine to see if you are using something that could potentially irritate your skin (feel free to PM me or post here, I’ll check it out).

For Rosacea prone skin, you’ll want to keep it hydrated with a formula that includes natural anti inflammatories. Our “The Hydrator” serum has green tea extract, aloe vera, and centella asiatica all of which have been proven to help calm skin.

It would also be important to protect your skin from environmental degradation like sun or pollution by using an antioxidant (like Vitamin C). The added benefit of vitamin C is that it evens out skin tone and helps brighten your skin. Ours is formulated so simply that I think it would really work well for you and your skin.

We bundle those two together as they are our most popular items. It’s called the glowing duo and is available here. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Sorry again about the Styleforum discount code! It’s all sorted now :)

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey my main man,

I’ve re-enabled the STYLEFORUM discount code. Sorry about that, it had automatically expired, it should now never expire.

Skin with Rosacea is very sensitive. That means you should be trying to avoid skincare products with drying ingredients, alcohol, or contain any potential irritants.

The good news is that we never formulate with those. I’d also recommend you to check your current routine to see if you are using something that could potentially irritate your skin (feel free to PM me or post here, I’ll check it out).

For Rosacea prone skin, you’ll want to keep it hydrated with a formula that includes natural anti inflammatories. Our “The Hydrator” serum has green tea extract, aloe vera, and centella asiatica all of which have been proven to help calm skin.

It would also be important to protect your skin from environmental degradation like sun or pollution by using an antioxidant (like Vitamin C). The added benefit of vitamin C is that it evens out skin tone and helps brighten your skin. Ours is formulated so simply that I think it would really work well for you and your skin.

We bundle those two together as they are our most popular items. It’s called the glowing duo and is available here. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Sorry again about the Styleforum discount code! It’s all sorted now :)

appreciate the response! I just placed an order for the glowing duo. I’m excited to try it.

Because of the rosacea, my skincare routine is constantly changing. It’s basically some combo of these products:

Cerave hydrating facial cleanser
Liquid Neutrogena cleanser

Cerave moisturizer
Rosehip oil
Jojoba oil
Boscia deep hydrating sleep mask (this stuff is magical)
Belif Hungarian water essence

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
appreciate the response! I just placed an order for the glowing duo. I’m excited to try it.

Because of the rosacea, my skincare routine is constantly changing. It’s basically some combo of these products:

Cerave hydrating facial cleanser
Liquid Neutrogena cleanser

Cerave moisturizer
Rosehip oil
Jojoba oil
Boscia deep hydrating sleep mask (this stuff is magical)
Belif Hungarian water essence

You are going to love it! So excited you placed an order.

Honestly your routine looks pretty good. The only thing I’d add is an AM sunscreen, a few posts ago I talked about Bioré, which makes really solid and reasonably priced sunscreen in Japan. Is the Rosehip cold pressed?

Cheers,

Rory

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Overt - Any recommendation for anti aging like fine lines, sun protection, evening skin tone and brightening. Would that be glowing duo that I should order ? Or a Trio package ?
What would you recommend to do for a daily skin routine. What’s the size of the products mentioned on your website and how long does it last if someone uses it daily.

Edit: For sunscreen I saw you mentioned Biore and the reviews on Amazon for 2019 version of the product is not good. Not sure if I should go for Shiesdo sunscreen then.

Last edited:

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Overt - Any recommendation for anti aging like fine lines, sun protection, evening skin tone and brightening. Would that be glowing duo that I should order ? Or a Trio package ?
What would you recommend to do for a daily skin routine. What’s the size of the products mentioned on your website and how long does it last if someone uses it daily.

Edit: For sunscreen I saw you mentioned Biore and the reviews on Amazon for 2019 version of the product is not good. Not sure if I should go for Shiesdo sunscreen then.

Hey Saurabh!

Thanks for the question. I feel like a lot of us are at the stage where anti-aging is coming into play along with wanting to keep our skin moisturized, bright and even. So in terms of what you should be doing going forward. I would really recommend adding in some extra moisturizing serum, to help your skin retain all the moisture you lose throughout the day, and a gentle protectant that would build up your skins natural protection barrier to combat environmental damage, like sun, pollution, etc.

This duo has both of the serums that would benefit you by adding moisture and more importantly building up a protective barrier as skin gets thinner and weaker as it ages. Moisture is a key aspect to preventing skin aging. Dry skin ages and wrinkles more easily, so this would help prevent that by locking in all that moisture you lose throughout the day.

I’d also recommend alternating in a bit of Vitamin C to help the uneven tone, Vitamin C has been shown in literally hundreds of studies to help even and brighten skintone. This combination of three products will really help future proof your skin, and give it an attractive, healthy glow. So the above duo, plus The Brightener.

So your routine would look like this:

AM: Cleanser, The Hydrator Serum (3-5 drops spread across face, forehead and neck area), let it absorb (1 minute) The Brightener Vitamin C Serum (3-5 drops spread across face, forehead and neck area, let it absorb, 1 minute), Moisturizer, Sunscreen

PM: Cleanser, The Restorer Serum (3-5 drops spread across face, forehead and neck area), Moisturizer.

In terms of size, we only have one, that is 30 mL or 1 fl oz. Perfect for traveling with but concentrated enough that 3-5 daily drops will make the bottle last two months.

Re. Biore, I have never had a bad experience, that said, sometimes people sell older versions or even bad dupes on Amazon (for most imported products, not just Biore). Shiseido is a really good sunscreen as well! Honestly the important thing is that you are applying sunscreen.

Last edited:

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Saurabh!

Thanks for the question. I feel like a lot of us are at the stage where anti-aging is coming into play along with wanting to keep our skin moisturized, bright and even. So in terms of what you should be doing going forward. I would really recommend adding in some extra moisturizing serum, to help your skin retain all the moisture you lose throughout the day, and a gentle protectant that would build up your skins natural protection barrier to combat environmental damage, like sun, pollution, etc.

This duo has both of the serums that would benefit you by adding moisture and more importantly building up a protective barrier as skin gets thinner and weaker as it ages. Moisture is a key aspect to preventing skin aging. Dry skin ages and wrinkles more easily, so this would help prevent that by locking in all that moisture you lose throughout the day.

I’d also recommend alternating in a bit of Vitamin C to help the uneven tone, Vitamin C has been shown in literally hundreds of studies to help even and brighten skintone. This combination of three products will really help future proof your skin, and give it an attractive, healthy glow. So the above duo, plus The Brightener.

So your routine would look like this:

AM: Cleanser, The Hydrator Serum (3-5 drops spread across face, forehead and neck area), let it absorb (1 minute) The Brightener Vitamin C Serum (3-5 drops spread across face, forehead and neck area, let it absorb, 1 minute), Moisturizer, Sunscreen

PM: Cleanser, The Restorer Serum (3-5 drops spread across face, forehead and neck area), Moisturizer.

In terms of size, we only have one, that is 30 mL or 1 fl oz. Perfect for traveling with but concentrated enough that 3-5 daily drops will make the bottle last two months.

Re. Biore, I have never had a bad experience, that said, sometimes people sell older versions or even bad dupes on Amazon (for most imported products, not just Biore). Shiseido is a really good sunscreen as well! Honestly the important thing is that you are applying sunscreen.
Thank you for all the helpful information.
I have placed order for Anti-aging duo and the Glowing duo.

BA3697BC-A6E3-457F-BBF2-F60EB1FF089B.jpeg

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for all the helpful information.
I have placed order for Anti-aging duo and the Glowing duo.

View attachment 1425197
Excellent choice. I think your skin will be extremely pleased with them! Thanks so much for your early support. I look forward to hearing how much you love them. Any other questions, please reach out!

Cheers

Rory

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are going to love it! So excited you placed an order.

Honestly your routine looks pretty good. The only thing I’d add is an AM sunscreen, a few posts ago I talked about Bioré, which makes really solid and reasonably priced sunscreen in Japan. Is the Rosehip cold pressed?

Cheers,

Rory

I don’t think it’s cold pressed. At least it doesn’t say on the packaging. It’s the Nourish Organic Rose Hip Oil Mist. Does the cold pressed aspect make a big difference?

I’ve been getting into skincare a lot lately So this thread is super interesting. I had totally normal skin with very few acne breakouts even in high school. Developed rosacea in my early 30s and have spent the last 5 years or so trying to figure out how to manage it. The rosacea has cause other random dry spots and acne outbreaks. My wife has had sensitive skin and acne issues most of her life so I’ve been able to reap the benefits of her trips to Sephora for new products. She gets home and I’m like “pop that bag open. Lemme try some.”

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s cold pressed. At least it doesn’t say on the packaging. It’s the Nourish Organic Rose Hip Oil Mist. Does the cold pressed aspect make a big difference?

I’ve been getting into skincare a lot lately So this thread is super interesting. I had totally normal skin with very few acne breakouts even in high school. Developed rosacea in my early 30s and have spent the last 5 years or so trying to figure out how to manage it. The rosacea has cause other random dry spots and acne outbreaks. My wife has had sensitive skin and acne issues most of her life so I’ve been able to reap the benefits of her trips to Sephora for new products. She gets home and I’m like “pop that bag open. Lemme try some.”

Actually I’d say cold-pressing really isn’t as relevant as most people think. It is kind of a marketing buzzword as different extraction methods (like co2) can be better for certain aspects. In fact, I would suggest that co2 extracted Rose Hip is as good if not better than cold pressed. I was just curious as to which one you were using!

As you’ve rightly pointed out, skincare is fascinating, and as your needs change, a bit of a journey. What worked for you in high school may not work in your 20s, and that ever changing cycle kinda repeats itself throughout your life.

I genuinely hope you enjoy our serums. We’ve worked really hard on them and I think you will!

If you ever have any skincare questions I’m happy to answer via here or PM

Cheers

Rory

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to look like a cherub. 31 and can't age anymore as I finally am starting to bag ladies in their mid 20's.
Currently use a mix of korean products from Corsx and klairs. I like to touch my face but those appear to cause me to breakout/itch whenever I do.

What should I be looking at.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suggestion...your copy refers to the products using names like Copper Peptide, while the name on the bottle says The Restorer, for example. When looking at an individual product it's clear, but when browsing by duos or solutions, it's less clear. I assume the one described first matches the first photo to the top left and the second description is the photo under that, but you might consider changing the copy to connect the bottle name and the functional name more directly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads