• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overt Skincare - Transparent, Effective, Charitable - Official Affiliate Thread

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So just on the technical side, there are some issues with mobile. The questions get covered up by the browser frame for me (Chrome on iPhone) and you can’t free-scroll so if you try to scroll up, it just brings you to a previous question. So I’m not able to read the questions. I just have to sort of guess based on the answers. Does that make sense?

View attachment 1448854 View attachment 1448855

Edited to add: from a content standpoint, it seems much more focused and helpful than the previous version. The first one of these you posted was quick but it didn’t feel very in-depth. This one had much better questions.

That's really helpful, I tested here on my iOS devices and did not manage to replicate this issue, can I ask what device you are on (i.e. iPhone 8)? It is super helpful to know this information :)

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's really helpful, I tested here on my iOS devices and did not manage to replicate this issue, can I ask what device you are on (i.e. iPhone 8)? It is super helpful to know this information :)

iPhone 8 - software version 13.6.1

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Overt
Whats the latest on your daily moisturizer?

Great question, still a little while away, we have to continue to test the moisturizing texture (gel vs cream) and finish the samples for production!

We are planning on doing line extensions that perfectly compliment the current serum lineup we have. This should make it easy to pick up both daytime and nighttime moisturizer :)

Meanwhile, we just started with Facebook ads so some of you may see those pop up

Thanks for asking, Styleforum will be the first place to know once we have some concrete progress. I'll definitely be polling and showing off some of the pre-production samples once I receive them

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey SCB!

Great question, and thanks for linking what you currently use. That really helps.

The only real gap I see in your routine are SPF (you should be using it everyday) in the AM as your last step. And a few serums that could help you future proof your skin.

If the AHA works for you, no reason for you to stop using it. The products I'd really recommend looking at are our Vitamin C serum (the brightener) and our hyaluronic acid serum (the hydrator). I'd also recommend something like our peptide complex to help your skin stay youthful.

Vitamin C - helps even out skin tone and give overall brightness to your skin. It's what really helps your skin get that almost imperceptible glow that quite often is featured in editorial content . It also works as an antioxidant too, helping your skin fight degradation from free radicals (i.e. pollution).

Hyaluronic Acid - works as a humectant that holds 1000x its weight in water. Our serum is formulated with additional soothing and calming botanicals like green tea, aloe vera, vitamin e, and centella asiatica.

These two together are really the basis of most good skincare routines. They will keep your skin looking great and if you want to be proactive about signs of aging, like wrinkles or spots, hydration and vitamin C will both help with that (as, oftentimes, wrinkles can form faster in dryer skin).

If you really wanted to kick it up a notch, I'd recommend our peptide complex serum (the restorer) this works as a gentle anti-aging formula enriched with matrixyl 3000, copper petides, amino acids and antioxidants to help you look as youthful as possible. You'd use this at night, alternating it with the hydrator serum.

We offer the vitamin c and hyaluronic acid in a duo, and the three in the self care bundle. The self-care bundle is our best value, as its three full size serums (each last about 6-8 weeks with regular use) for $99.

Let me know if you have any questions!

so I bought the self care bundle. Were you recommending the Brightener in the morning, and alternating the hydrator and restorer at night?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
so I bought the self care bundle. Were you recommending the Brightener in the morning, and alternating the hydrator and restorer at night?

That's what I'd recommend to start! Eventually (after fourish weeks, assuming your skin is 110% with it) I'd move to The Restorer every night and then in the morning starting with The Brightener, then layering on The Hydrator.

This gives you all the benefits of the three serums daily :) I know you'll see a big difference

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I'd recommend to start! Eventually (after fourish weeks, assuming your skin is 110% with it) I'd move to The Restorer every night and then in the morning starting with The Brightener, then layering on The Hydrator.

This gives you all the benefits of the three serums daily :) I know you'll see a big difference

Ok, will try that.

aftershave then serum then moisturize I guess. more steps now...

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hasnt been much activity here, just thought I'd check in and see if there was any news. Whats the latest @Overt ?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hasnt been much activity here, just thought I'd check in and see if there was any news. Whats the latest @Overt ?

Hey bdavro!

Totally right, we've been slammed here with so many new things and I had actually promised myself that today was going to be me getting back into it!

So in terms of development, we have received our samples for our moisturizers. These are line extensions so each serum has a corresponding moisturizer (i.e. The Brightener Serum, The Brightener Moisturizer) this helps really simplify what's the 'right' thing to put on your skin.

It's really exciting because they have come out super well, they have different textures too as the more daytime ones have a lighter, gel texture and the heavier night time ones have a nice thicker texture.

I have to say I am super excited about those.

Other cool news:
  • We have our first stockist in Europe (Smets Department Store in Belgium/Luxembourg)
  • We have received our SPF samples and will be independently testing them for efficacy
Watch for later this week I'm going to do a deep dive into Vitamin C

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads