• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overstock.com warehouse clearance sale

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just a heads-up: overstock.com's got a sale going on, seems like some decent stuff there for bargain hunters. lots of D&G ties for ~$40 (list $80), saw some Zegna suits for ~$630 (list $1800). limited sizes.

no affiliation or referral bonus with overstock, just saw the deal and thought people would be interested.

/andrew - powered by caffeine all monday morning, waiting for the afternoon crash

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
just curious, but are there really that many zegna fans that think 630 for their suits is a good deal? napoli couture, sure, but their regular zegna line? $630
confused.gif
D&G ties at $40? is it just me or does that not seem like a good dealio? (no offense intended to those who are big z or D&G fans)

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just for reference, Bluefly will sell Zegna suits for $300 or so from time to time with their Bluesale, Nordstrom Rack sells NWT Zegna suits for $549, and Zegna's own outlet in Cabazon sells their suits for about $420 or so ($499 - $80 discount for anything over $500, buy ANYTHING in their store, even socks and get it)

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
please allow me to plead ignorance...didn't intend to post a bum deal.

anyway i was sortof hoping for this kind of response - it's good to know there are better alternatives out there.

/andrew

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no prob. can't comment on the quality of the izod stuff. i'm fairly ignorant on suit stuff beyond what i read on the forums. however i sortof had my eye on the orvis jackets - the 'zambezi twill' or the 'rhinohide canvas'. safari, anyone?
biggrin.gif
/andrew - would look great in a pith helmet on the streets of san francisco

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
please allow me to plead ignorance...didn't intend to post a bum deal.

anyway i was sort of hoping for this kind of response - it's good to know there are better alternatives out there.

i just say this b/c i see, and a lot of times have for sale, Isaia suits or Barbera suits or Belvest suits, that are far superior that won't sell for $500 or 600, but people will pay way more for a zegna or armani suit, that has lesser fabrics and crappier construction. just my opinion.

housemaidsknee

Reaction score
please allow me to plead ignorance...didn't intend to post a bum deal. anyway i was sort of hoping for this kind of response - it's good to know there are better alternatives out there.
i just say this b/c i see, and a lot of times have for sale, Isaia suits or Barbera suits or Belvest suits, that are far superior that won't sell for $500 or 600, but people will pay way more for a zegna or armani suit, that has lesser fabrics and crappier construction. Â just my opinion.
discostu004 - do you have any opinion about the izod suit? i would buy a suit from you but you dont have any in Short sizes
sad.gif
(.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i just say this b/c i see, and a lot of times have for sale, Isaia suits or Barbera suits or Belvest suits, that are far superior that won't sell for $500 or 600, but people will pay way more for a zegna or armani suit, that has lesser fabrics and crappier construction. just my opinion.

It's your opinion, but it also happens to be right. It's ridiculous what top suits go for sometimes.

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
thanks for the 2nd there, AH. i knew i was right about that. now, when talking in depth about blake stitching and all that, i'm not too knowledgable, but comparing an Isaia to a zegna is pretty simple

re: izod suit, it depends:
1. what is your financial situation? if this is the top amount you can afford then you must go with it.
2. if you can afford more, i would say not to touch this one mainly b/c if you apply yourself you can find a better suit. it might cost you 400, and if that's in your range i'd say hold off, but again, fi you need it and this is your budgetary range, then by all means go for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads