1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Overstock.com warehouse clearance sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by faustian bargain, Aug 30, 2004.

1. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

just a heads-up: overstock.com's got a sale going on, seems like some decent stuff there for bargain hunters. lots of D&G ties for ~$40 (list $80), saw some Zegna suits for ~$630 (list $1800). limited sizes.

no affiliation or referral bonus with overstock, just saw the deal and thought people would be interested.

/andrew - powered by caffeine all monday morning, waiting for the afternoon crash

2. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

just curious, but are there really that many zegna fans that think 630 for their suits is a good deal? napoli couture, sure, but their regular zegna line? $630[​IMG] D&G ties at $40? is it just me or does that not seem like a good dealio? (no offense intended to those who are big z or D&G fans)

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Just for reference, Bluefly will sell Zegna suits for $300 or so from time to time with their Bluesale, Nordstrom Rack sells NWT Zegna suits for $549, and Zegna's own outlet in Cabazon sells their suits for about $420 or so ($499 - $80 discount for anything over $500, buy ANYTHING in their store, even socks and get it)

4. faustian bargain

please allow me to plead ignorance...didn't intend to post a bum deal.

anyway i was sortof hoping for this kind of response - it's good to know there are better alternatives out there.

/andrew

5. housemaidsknee

housemaidsknee Senior Member

did not mean to create my own thread - did not see yours till after i posted. is this izod suit worth it: $161 at overstock.com in light of this comment over at AAAC forums : Izod details

6. faustian bargain

no prob. can't comment on the quality of the izod stuff. i'm fairly ignorant on suit stuff beyond what i read on the forums. however i sortof had my eye on the orvis jackets - the 'zambezi twill' or the 'rhinohide canvas'. safari, anyone? [​IMG] /andrew - would look great in a pith helmet on the streets of san francisco

7. discostu004

i just say this b/c i see, and a lot of times have for sale, Isaia suits or Barbera suits or Belvest suits, that are far superior that won't sell for $500 or 600, but people will pay way more for a zegna or armani suit, that has lesser fabrics and crappier construction. just my opinion.

8. housemaidsknee

housemaidsknee Senior Member

please allow me to plead ignorance...didn't intend to post a bum deal. anyway i was sort of hoping for this kind of response - it's good to know there are better alternatives out there.
    i just say this b/c i see, and a lot of times have for sale, Isaia suits or Barbera suits or Belvest suits, that are far superior that won't sell for $500 or 600, but people will pay way more for a zegna or armani suit, that has lesser fabrics and crappier construction. Â just my opinion.
    discostu004 - do you have any opinion about the izod suit? i would buy a suit from you but you dont have any in Short sizes [​IMG](.

9. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

It's your opinion, but it also happens to be right. It's ridiculous what top suits go for sometimes.

10. discostu004

thanks for the 2nd there, AH. i knew i was right about that. now, when talking in depth about blake stitching and all that, i'm not too knowledgable, but comparing an Isaia to a zegna is pretty simple

re: izod suit, it depends:
    1. what is your financial situation? if this is the top amount you can afford then you must go with it.
    2. if you can afford more, i would say not to touch this one mainly b/c if you apply yourself you can find a better suit. it might cost you 400, and if that's in your range i'd say hold off, but again, fi you need it and this is your budgetary range, then by all means go for it.