• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Overshot The Mark

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
I've lost a good 20 lbs. now and for better or worse, the 31" W pants I bought are all somewhat loose fitting. I may even lose 5-10 lbs. more.

I really thought 31" would be perfect but apparently the sizing was still too generous. At what point do you decide you have to size down, or are you willing to deal with slightly baggy clothes?

A lot of my jeans and slacks fit fine, but there are quite a few pieces that are now clearly too big (a blazer or two too wide in the shoulders now by an inch, a few pairs of pants that are 1 or 2" too big, and so on).

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle

At what point do you decide you have to size down, or are you willing to deal with slightly baggy clothes?

Buy pants that fit.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it is loose, size down. How much simpler can it be? Plus a lot of brands have "vanity sizing" so you really need to decide on an individual basis.

whatever123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle
I've lost a good 20 lbs. now and for better or worse, the 31" W pants I bought are all somewhat loose fitting. I may even lose 5-10 lbs. more.

I really thought 31" would be perfect but apparently the sizing was still too generous. At what point do you decide you have to size down, or are you willing to deal with slightly baggy clothes?

A lot of my jeans and slacks fit fine, but there are quite a few pieces that are now clearly too big (a blazer or two too wide in the shoulders now by an inch, a few pairs of pants that are 1 or 2" too big, and so on).

when you have to ask "at what point ... size down."

your welcome.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 77 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 151 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 76 16.7%