1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

'overdressed'

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by FlyingLotus, Mar 25, 2011.

1. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

I work in an incredibley casual office - track suits, sweatpants hoodies etc. Sometimes I feel like I might look douchy wearing even a casual suit or blazer.. Anyone else in that situation, do u just say f it and wear whatever u want and awkwardly stand out?

2. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

3. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

I used to bother about this, but I am completely over it these days. I never get ridiculous or anything, but I certainly dress better than those around me... Even in a corporate office where suits are standard, I just up the ante and wear a cracker of a suit [​IMG] So long as you're not getting around in a tux whilst everyone else has beach shorts on... It's no big deal. Having said that, if your clothes make you uncomfortable, change them.

4. yoyodunno

yoyodunno Senior member

My rule of thumb is try to be the best dressed person in the room, but not by a huge margin because then you could look like a tool.

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Yeah...dress how you want!

6. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

7. Ermac

Ermac Senior member

Just wearing the sf uniform then. aa/raw/cp

8. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

the w&h tracksuit look is like SF Gangsta. ahahaha.

9. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

Yeah...dress how you want!

I agree with this statement! I believe you should dress the way you want it. As long as it is comfortable, you should be all set!

I believe the purpose for any office to allow their employees to wear casual wear so that you guys can be comfortable in your own skin!

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

First off, it's always better to stand out because you look good than because you look like shit. Second, always dress well. Whether anyone admits it or not, people will take you more seriously as a result.

I work in an incredibley casual office - track suits, sweatpants hoodies etc. Sometimes I feel like I might look douchy wearing even a casual suit or blazer.. Anyone else in that situation, do u just say f it and wear whatever u want and awkwardly stand out?

11. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

[​IMG]

sad part is the sweats here are most likely the collective worth of your entire offices clothing choices, and they wouldn't even realize, nor do they care.

12. danilo

danilo Senior member

my office is like this, people wear shorts etc.

I just dress with some kind of button up shirt, tucked in, chinos, denim, some clarks or sperries.

13. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

My rule of thumb is try to be the best dressed person in the room, but not by a huge margin because then you could look like a tool.

Why not just dress as you deem appropriate regardless of how others dress?

14. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

^^^ because we're social creatures, and we're judged in relation to others on a contextual basis...

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Why not just dress as you deem appropriate regardless of how others dress?

thats what I do and it works for me

but I'm not retarded and know that sometimes dressing a certain way isn't really appropriate...

16. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

Start working on your resume

17. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Dress how people normally dress but with better fitting/nicer items. That's what's so nice about AA or BoO/Raws/CP's.