1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Overcoats, fabric vs manufacturer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scot, Oct 22, 2004.

1. scot

scot Senior Member

I need a new overcoat, 3/4 length for wearing with a suit. Preferrably grey and i would love it to be cashmere. Unfortunately cashmere is expensive (of course) and of MANY different qualities so its hard to say which one is better than another. The one loro piana by loro piana I have seen was fabulous, and at 399 with an additional 20% off was a great deal... but it was a 56S. Not exactly the most in demand size I have ever seen. (USA sizing, not European)

Since then I have seen a ton of different overcoats, but unsure as to the quality. Does anyone have any hints as to who makes a good coat?

2. fkl118

fkl118 Senior Member

I've always liked coats from Cardinal of Canada. I have several including a couple I picked up recently. They use very good fabrics including the cashmere; they are well-made, and I find them to be warm and comfortable. They manufacture for other labels like Jack Victor and Ike Behar. Pretty expensive at full retail ($1000+ for a cashmere coat), but I think they're often found at discount retailers. Check out these Burberry's by CC: Coat1 Coat2