1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Overcoat collar fit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dee_n_gee, Feb 3, 2010.

1. dee_n_gee

dee_n_gee Member

I've been wondering about the fit of an overcoat collar in relation to the suit underneath. I've always worn darker overcoats and most of my suits are darker, so I've never given it much thought, but I recently bought a camel colored canali and while it fits great everywhere (i.e. snug, not like a tent) i notice that my suit jacket is usually peeking out from underneath. i can pull the overcoat up over it, but it eventually rides down and doesn't really feel like as natural of a fit. in pretty much every photo i've found, a scarf is involved. unfortunately, i'm not much of a scarf guy. curious about whether folks think it's ok to have the darker suit jacket peeking out, the same as your shirt does under the suit jacket, or should i have my tailor try to make an adjustment. . .i had the sides taken in a bit the other day and he said it's fine, but looking for a second opinion. . .

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I don't like for my suit coat collar to show when I wear my overcoat. On the coats I have now, it doesn't show, but I've had many that did.

3. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

^ Is it just coincidence for people to have the same exact avatar as someone else? I guess it's possible...

4. eMacPaul

eMacPaul Senior member

It seems alright to me that your suit collar would show, just like, as you noted, your shirt collar shows.