• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Overcoat and a couple of winter things

pred02

Reaction score
As the winter season is nearing the end (though here in Boston it does not feel like it), there are a couple of articles I would like to pruchase. I have been out of the country for the post-Christmas/New Year sales, so I am looking for suggestions for brands and/or sales:

1. Gray Overcoat - either wool or cashmere, or combo. If wool/cashmere combo, then budget of about $250, if pure cashmere up to $500.

2. Leather Gloves - to keep warm, when driving, I got some $15 ones at Filenes Basement last year but they only lasted me one season. Don't really know much about brands/quality for these.

Does anyone know if TNF or Patagonia are going to have a sale, I need a snow jacket, snow pants, some base layer items, etc, I know this is sportware and such, but....

Thanks!

Taxler

Reaction score
Winter's only ending for stores; the cold will last much longer.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
considering we're expecting -5F lows this week, I'd say winter is just getting started here in the Northeast.

pred02

Reaction score
Any recommendations? Saks used to sell 100% Cashmere coats in the Off 5th stores for like $400-$500 a couple of years back. Are those any good? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%