Overcoat Advice

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Dixie07, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Dixie07

Dixie07 Member

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

It would look fine, but I'm not crazy about the style. Prefer something like this....and much better quality
    http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...ingbone-raglan-sleeve-overcoat-600g-wool.html

3. Dixie07

Dixie07 Member

Would you say the boss camlow would be "less formal" than the one you sent me the link to?

4. SamAdams59

SamAdams59 Member

I too would go with an overcoat rather than the boss coat you are looking at if you're going to wear it with a suit. The boss coat will look "fine", but it won't really look great in my opinion. I think an overcoat with a nice scarf is the way to go in winter, and looks great as well.

5. Dixie07

Dixie07 Member

Besides the link already provided, what are some other overcoats I should look at?

6. albertcross

albertcross Member

agree that's not a sharp overcoat. go for a double breast overcoat. over a suit they look gorgeous.

7. Dixie07

Dixie07 Member

Is a single breasted overcoat with a covered button panel considered more formal than buttons exposed? What are opinions of a 3/4 coat being worn with a nice pair of jeans and a blazer/sport coat?

8. MrTheWonderful

MrTheWonderful Member

I just bought myself my first "real" overcoat. Hits me just above the knee which i find superbly looking! Just get something that fits well, i guess that's the basics of a good coat. Maybe avoid buying your first one off the web since you can't really try it - unless you know your size, then I guess just go for it. GL

Found this site while reading up on overcoats: http://www.mygentlemenstyle.com/2016/10/29/mens-overcoats/ -found it pretty useful maybe it can be of interest.