• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Over the Shoulders, Under the Knees: Long Coats

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do you like long coats? Do you have long coats? Do you want long coats? Do you long coats? Do you?

Long coats: dramatic, unapologetic, sometimes creepy. Long coats: occasionally useful when it's cold. Long coats: they look cool when you walk. Long coats: post the ones you wear and the ones you want.

I'm pleased with the two I own. I've been thinking about selling the Ann, but ultimately it looks so darn cool that I don't know if I really want to, even if I have to wear it with really over-the-top stuff and pretend I'm a steampunk protagonist (not hard). The casentino scratches some sort of itch, but can be worn in a way that isn't too ###. I hope. I like the idea of wearing light coats as outerwear with a tee, which hopefully I will be able to do at some point. The Peir Wu shirt/coat things are really cool, so are long blazers.

Ann Demeulemeester:

img_40474tszg.jpg
img_51608cstd.jpg

L.B.M. 1911

img_4332i2snx.jpg
img_5105e5s59.jpg

You'll note that some of SF's greatest also favor the long coat:

YwGAl4zl.jpg
LL
LL
2exm0yd.jpg
fdTcxQc.jpg

share coats. long coats. schneider coats. helmut coats. rick coats. ll bean coats. coats. share them.

People I want to see involved: @sipang, @ghostface, @kgfan5, @nicelynice, @a fellow linguist, @LA Guy, @Parker, and anyone else who wears or has considered wearing coats.

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmm mmmmm

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Synth I like that LBM coat

I want a bright-colored long coat so people go "damn, look at that guy in that non-black long coat"

gu1lZbXl.jpg

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel that the chest pockets of the Ann coat are what make it a bit - well - period-esque.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Had to include Kyle in the Algae :slayer:

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gdl what's that herringbone coat - it's such a stunner.

clotheshorse69

Reaction score
Being tall and thin definitely helps. A shirt jacket would create a smooth transition between outerwear and inner-wear.

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the bottom one GT? Looks great.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love long coats -- have a ton of them. I will post something shortly

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads