• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Over the calf socks- pants go up but won't go down!

kev647

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of over the calf socks (currently appreciating a collection of VK Nagrani socks). However, I notice that when I sit down, my pant legs ride up as they are suppose to do but they don't come back down. I wear formal wear to work and the style of my pants keep getting slimmer. I'm slender and I can even pull off the "no-sock" Canali look, but I really like my socks.

Is my only alternative to wear socks that are not over the calf? How have some of you addressed this problem?

Thanks,

Kev

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wear shorts with your OTC socks............problem solved =)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wear fully lined trousers and your problem will be solved.

kev647

Reaction score

Lol. I will ask my tailor about this. Hadn't considered that could have been an option! Shows how much I know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fully lined trousers (or very "hard" and smooth trouser fabrics) would solve that problem. Or, as you know, wider trouser legs.

watchingdetails2002

Reaction score
There used to be a product that you could spray on a piece of clothing that would solve that program. But for I just stand up and adjust the trousers either but moving my foot or pulling the trouser from the crease. good like in your quest

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also have this problem.

is this common practice?

time to look for a thread about trousers!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 62 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 119 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%